Broken LCD

Search This thread

creamerdp

May 11, 2011
Looking to fix a broken LCD screen on my Infuse 4G. The screen still works just has a crack. I know I don't need a full assembly, digitizer or LCD backlite, all I need is the top glass. I can't find anyone who sells just the glass everyone wants to sell the assembly for $200+. Is there glass part available or am I screwed? I've replaced iphone 3gs screens b4 anyone have experience with the infuse?

Last edited:

nstong

Mar 26, 2011
How'd you break the screen? Also if the glass is broken its not the lcd presumably? Although if it is the lcd I'd think $200 is about what it would cost to replace. The phone is supposed to have gorilla glass that like won't break, right?

abr27440

Jul 8, 2010
Gorilla glass can and will break, just not as easily as normal glass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

creamerdp

May 11, 2011
its just the glass I'm hoping I can find the part and not have to buy the whole top half with (glass, digitizer & lcd) anyone got a part number?

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
its not an lcd, its an amoled.
2a7y0bb.png

creamerdp

May 11, 2011
does that mean i can only buy it like in an Assembly, No top glass part. is it all just on part?

bulletproof1013

Dec 11, 2008
it might be like a digitizer and then the screen below that...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App

erik111111

Aug 7, 2011
Louisville
Looking to fix a broken LCD screen on my Infuse 4G. The screen still works just has a crack. I know I don't need a full assembly, digitizer or LCD backlite, all I need is the top glass. I can't find anyone who sells just the glass everyone wants to sell the assembly for $200+. Is there glass part available or am I screwed? I've replaced iphone 3gs screens b4 anyone have experience with the infuse?

Just spoke with Samsung at 1-888-987-4357.

They will repair for $155.

Seems like the way to go if needing repair.

acesofbelkan

Jan 31, 2011
As far as I know, samoled screens are fused with the glass over it. thats why you can only buy the entire screen/glass/digitizer as one part.
Good thing about this design is better sunlight viewability and no dust under the glass