[ROM] unofficial CM9 by jokersax 7/04/2012

Search This thread

cnewsgrp

Mar 22, 2008
I am having severe battery drain issues with 0.5. Battery drains out in 3-4 hours. Anyone have this problem?

Slayer_b

May 10, 2009
Ivanovo
Shouldn't be laggy, just that the controls are buggy, like most games out there. The multitouch bug is still there

I've asked this beause I didn't find any working/non workins stuff list and read on Russian forum that CM9 for atrix currently didn't support 3D drivers.
Could someone give a link or write what is workin and what is not working on CM9?

Also, I'm interested in this failure. Is it present on atrix? I have bought atrix to replace Samsung captivate damaged by CM9 issue.:confused:

phazon

Jan 22, 2010
hi guys,

I tired to install 0.4.5.1 with touch install. It works well and everything works fine except one big problem :

My touchscreen isn't "touch" anymore on a line from top to bottom at the center of the screen. With the keyboard, i can't press the "t", when i do, it press an "r" and an "y" at the same time. it does the same with g and c. Every time i press space bar, it does a double space.

I tried multitouch tester, and when i put my finger on this "line", it display 2 circles ...

I tried to restore ==> Probleme still here
I tried wipe everything ==> Probleme still here
I tried fastboot erase system, boot, data, cache, then reinstall joker CM9 ==> Probleme still here
I tried fastboot erase system, boot, data, cache, then reinstall stock rom ==> Probleme still here

I don't know what to do ..

can it be related with the touch installer ? Can it be touchscreen "hardware" calibration wich moved with recovery touchscreen ?

Joker ? Any ideas ?

(the phone didn't fell or nothing ..)

syngamer96

Feb 4, 2011
Singapore
I've asked this beause I didn't find any working/non workins stuff list and read on Russian forum that CM9 for atrix currently didn't support 3D drivers.
Could someone give a link or write what is workin and what is not working on CM9?

Also, I'm interested in this failure. Is it present on atrix? I have bought atrix to replace Samsung captivate damaged by CM9 issue.:confused:

Oh CM9 supports the drivers, its just that there is a touch bug. Jokersax is trying very hard to solve this issue, as is most of the other devs in other ICS rom projects. Just be patient and play games that work for now, like angry birds or scramble with friends. Or if you want to play 3D games soo bad, I recommend dungeon hunter 3 and asphalt 6. Seemed to work well when I tried them.

Reactions: Slayer_b

maulich

Sep 17, 2011
Carmichael, CA
hi guys,

I tired to install 0.4.5.1 with touch install. It works well and everything works fine except one big problem :

My touchscreen isn't "touch" anymore on a line from top to bottom at the center of the screen. With the keyboard, i can't press the "t", when i do, it press an "r" and an "y" at the same time. it does the same with g and c. Every time i press space bar, it does a double space.

I tried multitouch tester, and when i put my finger on this "line", it display 2 circles ...

I tried to restore ==> Probleme still here
I tried wipe everything ==> Probleme still here
I tried fastboot erase system, boot, data, cache, then reinstall joker CM9 ==> Probleme still here
I tried fastboot erase system, boot, data, cache, then reinstall stock rom ==> Probleme still here

I don't know what to do ..

can it be related with the touch installer ? Can it be touchscreen "hardware" calibration wich moved with recovery touchscreen ?

Joker ? Any ideas ?

(the phone didn't fell or nothing ..)

Did you do anything to your PDS partition?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

RoG3

Jul 14, 2011
Dallas
Battery calibration

How do I calibrate my battery? I see make posts stating how they get 12hrs+ on one charge and such, but I've never had half that.

I have attached a screenshot of my battery stats, but I don't know what to look for, other than what's eating up battery.

If someone could post step-by-step instructions on how to calibrate the battery, I would greatly appreciate it.

How do I calibrate my battery? I see make posts stating how they get 12hrs+ on one charge and such, but I've never had half that.

I have attached a screenshot of my battery stats, but I don't know what to look for, other than what's eating up battery.

If someone could post step-by-step instructions on how to calibrate the battery, I would greatly appreciate it.

Is like you make heavy usage on your phone.. But you could make a quick search on the forum before ask!!. Anyway download Battery Calibration from Play Store and follow instructions

Enviado desde mi Atrix™ 4G CM7 Nightly

syngamer96

Feb 4, 2011
Singapore

Isn't your battery stat showing 17 hrs of use? I can only get to 12 at max, but that is almost heavy usage.

RoG3

Jul 14, 2011
Dallas
Dude........

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Dude what?

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Isn't your battery stat showing 17 hrs of use? I can only get to 12 at max, but that is almost heavy usage.

That's where the part of me not knowing what this screen is saying comes into play. I know that says 17hrs of use, but that's not on battery-only. I'm constantly having to charge my phone.

wmc90

Jun 3, 2008
Dude what?

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

That's where the part of me not knowing what this screen is saying comes into play. I know that says 17hrs of use, but that's not on battery-only. I'm constantly having to charge my phone.

This isn't the place to talk about and compare battery life. If you can contribute something to the thread like "oh I found this thing that's draining battery and stuff" then okay but this is what mods were cleaning several hundred pages ago and asking people to stop. So yknow, please stop.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kanged CM9 Alpha build is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    **[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Disclaimer[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]**
     * these are alphas so understand that means things are broken
     * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Change Logs Disabled during alpha, please read thread. 

[B][U][SIZE="3"]Stages[/SIZE][/U][/B]

* [B]Alpha[/B]- means something major is broken. Goal is to get major stuff working

* [B]Beta[/B]- means little things are still broke but most big stuff is fixed. Goal to clean up code and fix little issues so we can submit to cm to become official

* [B]Stable[/B]- official cm rom. 

* [B]After stable[/B]- tweaking, Also adding features.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9?, or coming from another ROM?

1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    3. Perform a factory reset.
    4. Flash This ROM.
    5. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?

1. Flash CyanogenMod
    2. flash gapps

Wanna downgrade, simply wipe

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

ROM: Link
    Latest version: check site
    Gapps: Link
    Latest version: check site

Other

Credits:
    joxersax11 turl alpha18omega shabbypenguin ebbinger_413 sky24987 DethMetalz69 cougarcougar Focus.lau mrinehart93 Cyanogenmod Team koush/romracer shabbypenguin - ranmasaotome510 - updated OP

The Photon dev team and turl would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Well, here it is then :)

Code:
    483e564d002a82c5e7861355b9064202  gapps-ics-20120207.zip
    7c8bd2fa1fe978dba0aef55329e4a936  update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Atrix-KANG-signed.zip

Some tips:
    1. Please don't kill my server, it's just a little VPS :)
    2. If you have issues, wipe
    3. If you have duplicate apps and derpage, format /system, flash CM, flash gapps
    4. No support
    5. No ETAs
    6. Thank the south korean guy :) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22322714&postcount=561
    7. I'm not responsible if your dog eats you while flashing or whatever. You know the deal :)
    8. Camcorder doesn't/won't work
    9. Enjoy!
    Guys a lot of family issues came up I will be fixing everything soon. Just remember life comes before free software.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
    fun facts about cm9 by me

135 countries downloaded cm9 on jokersax.com
    100 terabytes transferred.
    3000 pm's
    10000+ comments between two threads
    Over 2 millions views
    Both threads were 1 and 2 for xda for several weeks.
    200+ referring websites
    150000 attempted attacks
    Someone is using Netscape :what: seriously 500 dollar phone and you're using windows 3.1???
    IPhone 5.2 and 5.3???
    Funniest comment denied "tenga egg video" umm no
    Best pm "bj for your hard work?" I didn't accept as I ended up with the girl that motivated me to get into Android dev'ing.
    Proudest moment: several nvidia workers telling me about cm9 by me before they knew who I was.
    Funniest webmaster email: angry wife claiming I hypnotized her husband into my cult.
    Hardest fix to find, that stupid semicolon :banghead:
    Easiest fix: doing nothing and magically something starts working.

Just a few fun facts

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
    Camera might be fixed today

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App