[Q] Dual Sim Adapter for Samsung Galaxy S ( Vibrant too i guess)

Search This thread

cowppl

Sep 30, 2010
California
Thanks for that. I would have been awesome if it could run both sims simultaneously, but I guess that was just wishful thinking from me

gangster429

May 5, 2007
Is it possible to call from one sim card and use data (internet 3g) from other sim card at same time?

FireRaider

Apr 23, 2008
Salt Lake City
Not with the Galaxy S.
There are some off-brand Chinese phones that allow you to do that.
The dual sim simply switches between the two installed sim cards when you toggle.
This phone only works with one at a time.

sent from XDA app

clive48

Dec 20, 2008
Mumbai
Is it possible to call from one sim card and use data (internet 3g) from other sim card at same time?

Dude...Remember that Phone has only ONE radio module. Hence only 1 SIM card can work at a time.
Some BB, Nokia, Samsung etc phones have dual Radios. They have DUOS feature that is DUal SIM with S/By. Here also only 1 SIM work at a time but there are two radios - Once could be GSM & Other CDMA. BB 9550, 9850 etc have this dual mode.
Then Samsung has some models where both Radios are always ON. BUt that affects Battery life.
So only alternative for you is to us Call Fwding feature on your inactive SIM so you get all voice calls on your Data SIM & still use Cheap data plan

Hope this helps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No it's for sim switching. You can however get it to switch sims at a timed interval to make sure you pick up any missed calls or text (although personally I just switch over sims every hour or so and check)