can anyone recommend a gamepad thats not too expensive?

Search This thread

james_lpool

Apr 25, 2012
Liverpool
Hi, i only play games now and then on my tablet so i don't need a brilliant expensive one, i just want one that will do the job and make game playing on certain games (gta, sonic etc) better, i find using the screen all the time a bit rubbish and makes me not want to bother with the games i have.

can anyone recommend one?

james

Last edited:

gmfeny

Mar 21, 2007
if you have a ps3 use that controller if not there was just one on sale at the deals section for $5. I don't know if it's still on sale tho

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

james_lpool

Apr 25, 2012
Liverpool
if you have a ps3 use that controller if not there was just one on sale at the deals section for $5. I don't know if it's still on sale tho

I don't have one but there are cheap ones on ebay for around £10, would i just need this adapter for it to work:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-OTG-G...s=63&clkid=4413612001375734009&_qi=RTM1089356

I currently don't have a usb adapter so would need to buy that too, not sure if them cheap ones are ok though?

gmfeny

Mar 21, 2007
Reactions: mattkortej

mattkortej

Jan 4, 2013

Dont you have to be rooted if you want to use bluetooth with the ps3 controller?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

atomic339

Feb 11, 2011
Odp: can anyone recommend a gamepad thats not too expensive?

Yes, you have.
You can use siaxis app without root but only with usb cable

Reactions: mattkortej

Salvation27

Jan 10, 2012
Someone link me to an OTG cable?

I'd love to give this a go (non-rooted here, and intend to keep it that way)

JTG81

Jan 18, 2011
sydney
Hi, i only play games now and then on my tablet so i don't need a brilliant expensive one, i just want one that will do the job and make game playing on certain games (gta, sonic etc) better, i find using the screen all the time a bit rubbish and makes me not want to bother with the games i have.

james

Assuming you have an android phone as well you could try this app it works for me I use it with nesoid and n64oid and believe it should work with gta and sonic it turns your phone into a bluetooth controller for use with a tablet or another phone as the host. Heres the link to the free version which I am using I am thinking of getting the full version so I can have other controller layouts. Full version is a $1.10 aus.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=droidbean.btcontroller

waytoocrazy

Apr 3, 2008
Red Samurai by Gamestop.

884486b.jpg

Feb 19, 2013
eusouandroid.com

james

ipega - youtube.com/watch?v=5EnVG0xCxdM

Ashton_Durkhun

Jul 11, 2007
I use a wireless ps3 contoller and the sixaxis app but you need to be rooted i believe.

This. You need the OTG adapter + MiniUSB cable to pair it though (but once paired you dont need the adapter, it'll remember the pairing) I dont do a lot of gaming but when using it, it's been quick and responsive. (it does require root - and remember to change the input method after its paired and change back when your done or the onscreen KB wont show up)

Soul_Est

Dec 17, 2007
This. You need the OTG adapter + MiniUSB cable to pair it though (but once paired you dont need the adapter, it'll remember the pairing) I dont do a lot of gaming but when using it, it's been quick and responsive. (it does require root - and remember to change the input method after its paired and change back when your done or the onscreen KB wont show up)

You don't have to change the input method. You just have to select "Enable Gamepad" under Preferences -> Gamepad Settings. The gamepad buttons will work as long as the checkbox for "Sixaxis Controller" under "Language and input" in "System Settings" is checked. Pressing the start button will act as the home button even if you have the Samsung Keyboard set as the main IME.

Written on my Galaxy Note 10.1

Reactions: tuktukscotty

tuktukscotty

Aug 17, 2010
Bridlington
Google Pixel 4
You don't have to change the input method. You just have to select "Enable Gamepad" under Preferences -> Gamepad Settings. The gamepad buttons will work as long as the checkbox for "Sixaxis Controller" under "Language and input" in "System Settings" is checked. Pressing the start button will act as the home button even if you have the Samsung Keyboard set as the main IME.

I didn't realise that, I've been selecting it each time I use my controller. I only use it to play modern combat upto now. Tried playing gta vice City but the button configuration isn't that good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't have one but there are cheap ones on ebay for around £10, would i just need this adapter for it to work:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-OTG-G...s=63&clkid=4413612001375734009&_qi=RTM1089356

I currently don't have a usb adapter so would need to buy that too, not sure if them cheap ones are ok though?

I use a wireless ps3 contoller and the sixaxis app but you need to be rooted i believe.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
    Odp: can anyone recommend a gamepad thats not too expensive?

Yes, you have.
    You can use siaxis app without root but only with usb cable

Just picked this up from GS today. Works like a charm. Have it paired to My Note 10.1, Note 2, & Nexus 7. Works perfectly with all three.
    Tested working on ShadowGun/DeadZone, Dead Trigger, Shine Runner Beach Buggy, RipTide, and sort of on Samurai Vengeance(roll/evade doesn't map)
    Does not work on Bat Man TDK, or NFSMW
    I use the ps3 controller works great.. Just have to make a custom profile and it will work with every game

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD