Unable to install Custom ROM on my Galaxy Mini

Search This thread

gunjarya

Feb 6, 2012
Here :)
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi,

Today for the first time i have updated my mini using the Samsung Kies to Android 2.3.6. After that i rooted my phone and then installed CWM recovery 5.0.2.6. However, when i tried to install custom ROM i'm unable to do so. It stops in the first screen itself.

Before this i backed up my stock ROM and now when i'm trying to restore it..it got stuck in the Galaxy POP GT-S5570 screen.

Please help..

F4uzan

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 20, 2012
Hi,

Today for the first time i have updated my mini using the Samsung Kies to Android 2.3.6. After that i rooted my phone and then installed CWM recovery 5.0.2.6. However, when i tried to install custom ROM i'm unable to do so. It stops in the first screen itself.

Before this i backed up my stock ROM and now when i'm trying to restore it..it got stuck in the Galaxy POP GT-S5570 screen.

Please help..

LOL, you restore a stock ROM on Custom Recovery. SOFTBRICK.

Flash new firmware with Odin.

F4uzan

Jul 20, 2012
Can you direct me to a firmware which can be used with ODIN..i just want to be on gingerbread and not to ICS/JB.
As far as i understand all firwares are .zip and ODIN needs .MD5 .Please advice.

LOL, firmware is .md5.

Custom ROM is .zip. Next time you need to read. Of course you will get Gingerbread ! Who is saying Galaxy Mini is getting official ICS and JB ? That's impossible.

gunjarya

Feb 6, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
LOL, firmware is .md5.

Custom ROM is .zip. Next time you need to read. Of course you will get Gingerbread ! Who is saying Galaxy Mini is getting official ICS and JB ? That's impossible.

Just updated my mini by downloading firmware DDKQ7 (Asian Region) and was able to get things back for my phone. Now, as i would need your advice as what different should do now to install Custom ROM. No one has mentioned in their posts the prerequisite firmwares.

F4uzan

Jul 20, 2012
Just updated my mini by downloading firmware DDKQ7 (Asian Region) and was able to get things back for my phone. Now, as i would need your advice as what different should do now to install Custom ROM. No one has mentioned in their posts the prerequisite firmwares.

Install custom ROM ? Isn't you already did it ? Just never do a backup for Stoc ROM.

gunjarya

Feb 6, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Install custom ROM ? Isn't you already did it ? Just never do a backup for Stoc ROM.

this flashing seems to be very different from what i do with my Xperia mini pro..where i have to use different kernels for GB, ICS and JB..not sure how it works for Samsung mini.

Also, i did installed custom rom before but it did go beyond the first screen. Now, that i have flashed firmware, i have to again root and install custom recovery..which i did now..Now i want to install custom ROM.. can i flash ROM CM7.2New Experience v6.0 by autoradio78 directly using CWM recovery on the same firmware?

F4uzan

Jul 20, 2012
this flashing seems to be very different from what i do with my Xperia mini pro..where i have to use different kernels for GB, ICS and JB..not sure how it works for Samsung mini.

Also, i did installed custom rom before but it did go beyond the first screen. Now, that i have flashed firmware, i have to again root and install custom recovery..which i did now..Now i want to install custom ROM.. can i flash ROM CM7.2New Experience v6.0 by autoradio78 directly using CWM recovery on the same firmware?

Yep, Xperia devices need different kernels, and recovery is always bundled in kernel. While Mini doesn't, kernel is different part from recovery.

I suggest you flashing it CM7.2 by Mebitek since CM7.2 New Experience have some booting bugs. Firmware is doesn't matter, it's not like Xperia devices.

Reactions: gunjarya

sembre

Sep 7, 2012
Jupiter
agusf.blogspot.com
I suggest you flash unofficial cm7
Democrazy
Mebitek
MIUI GB
or Honeycream
Etc
All for galaxy mini uploadfromtaptalk1356882110247.jpguploadfromtaptalk1356882110247.jpg

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356882144389.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356882144389.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 30

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yep, Xperia devices need different kernels, and recovery is always bundled in kernel. While Mini doesn't, kernel is different part from recovery.

I suggest you flashing it CM7.2 by Mebitek since CM7.2 New Experience have some booting bugs. Firmware is doesn't matter, it's not like Xperia devices.