Evo lte car mount?

Search This thread

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Hey all. I've read the Otterbox commuter fits with the iBolt. My question is...Is there a car dock + charger like the iBolt that fits the Otterbox commuter but is a cheaper option? Thanks.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Traceamount

Jul 20, 2010
OKC, OK
Some pics with my black Evo LTE in it

Sent from my White Evo LTE running MeanBean, using XDA Premium

Are you just holding the mount because its not suctioned down? Assuming its not actually having a problem holding the phone up I'd hope lol. I ordered mine for $22.90 with free shipping off flea bay, should be here Tues or Wed. I only seemed to read one generally bad thing, about it being so tight people couldn't unscrew it by hand to adjust, and/or had to use pliers? Did you find yours to be that tight? Just curious. Thanks for the pics

Are you just holding the mount because its not suctioned down? Assuming its not actually having a problem holding the phone up I'd hope lol. I ordered mine for $22.90 with free shipping off flea bay, should be here Tues or Wed. I only seemed to read one generally bad thing, about it being so tight people couldn't unscrew it by hand to adjust, and/or had to use pliers? Did you find yours to be that tight? Just curious. Thanks for the pics

Yea, I'm just holding it so I didn't have to keep suctioning it down, undoing it to turn for a photo, etc, etc. If you look you'll see a white tab on the base sticking up in the pics where I'm holding it, but that same tab is down, sitting flush with the base in the pictures where I have it mounted to my wall. The tab, when pressed down and flush with the base, pulls the suction cup towards the base making it stick better to whatever surface you are mounting it on. It's kinda like a lock for the dock. Before you remove it from the surface you have mounted it to, you'll want to release that lock tab, then begin peeling back the suction cup starting with a piece on the cup that sticks out ever so slightly, which is designed to be used when removing the suction cup from the surface it is mounted on. All of this will make perfect since once yours is in your hand and you're checking it out.

No, neither of mine (Series 1 or 2) were that tight when taken out of the box. They've actually never been that tight! There's no need to tighten them that much. You can adjust how tight you want them to be, as far as swiveling is concerned. I suction mine on to my dash, adjust it to where I want it to face (landscape or portrait), and if I want to angle it towards me or not, then tighten it down. I've never had a problem with it coming loose (the suction cup or the 360 degree ball joint) and it is far from over tightened! You'll see once you receive yours, that it stays stationary just fine WITHOUT applying a death grip to it! Lol

Last edited:
Ha. My rooms paint color is the same as yours. Nice!!!

Sent from my EVO LTE

Haha, nice!! This color isn't my choice though. Not that I dislike it, it's just happens to be the color of the room that I'm staying in, in my parents house. This is the house I grew up in, but not the bedroom. This was my little sister's room when we were kids. I'm 32 and moved out of my parents house at age 20. They are letting me stay here with them now and helping me out since my car wreck. I'm just thankful to still be alive and also that I have wonderful, loving parents, who are happy to help me out!!!

Last edited:

protoadies

May 24, 2009
Fort Worth
www.hoodiwhonetworking.com
EBays fees aren't that bad. If you sold it for $20 they might charge you a whole $3 :rolleyes:

Sent from my Blazing fast LTEvo!

I guess I'll put it up on Ebay last few times selling something left a bad taste with non paying bidders then people claiming they never got item when they had to sign for it.... 1 person even said they received a broken package it was 3 Beenie babies, broken come on now people try to scam anyway they can

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I guess I'll put it up on Ebay last few times selling something left a bad taste with non paying bidders then people claiming they never got item when they had to sign for it.... 1 person even said they received a broken package it was 3 Beenie babies, broken come on now people try to scam anyway they can

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Edit your settings so only buyers with a higher feedback score can bid. Most of the time people with no eBay feedback and are new are the ones screwing things up.

Reactions: protoadies

celticking

Jun 23, 2012
Los Angeles
Just got the ibolt. Gonna run errands around town and report back. First impression is that it's huge and I don't think it will come off without me taking it down.

celticking

Jun 23, 2012
Los Angeles
You mounting it on your windshield? It is pretty big I put it on my dash so I can see out my windshield :p

Haha, yeah it's massive. Driver's side works. Its sturdy but it messes with my Bluetooth connection in the car. On my phone so I'll report with more on the issue. It's nice though. Convenient but probably a waste of an amazon giftcard.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Haha, yeah it's massive. Driver's side works. Its sturdy but it messes with my Bluetooth connection in the car. On my phone so I'll report with more on the issue. It's nice though. Convenient but probably a waste of an amazon giftcard.

Yeah I'm taking my back tomorrow to the Sprint store. I'm getting an S3 and returning my EVO.

AndrasLOHF

Jan 7, 2013
I love the iBolt dock. I bought it a week after the phone launched and have been using it everyday since. It's so easy to use. Car Dock options will definitely be a huge deciding factor on phone purchases from now on.

Last edited:

Tre Lawrence

Nov 29, 2010
Just reviewed the Exogear Exomount Universal Mount at Android Rundown.

I liked it a good deal personally. Lightweight, durable, and, dare I say, cute.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some pics with my black Evo LTE in it

i actually just use the built in stand and put it in the air vent beside the steering wheel. car mount completed. Works great in a Prius anyway.
    Ha. My rooms paint color is the same as yours. Nice!!!

Sent from my EVO LTE

Haha, nice!! This color isn't my choice though. Not that I dislike it, it's just happens to be the color of the room that I'm staying in, in my parents house. This is the house I grew up in, but not the bedroom. This was my little sister's room when we were kids. I'm 32 and moved out of my parents house at age 20. They are letting me stay here with them now and helping me out since my car wreck. I'm just thankful to still be alive and also that I have wonderful, loving parents, who are happy to help me out!!!

Amazon has a good one called iOttie

http://www.amazon.com/iOttie-Windshield-INCREDIBLE-BlackBerry-Revolution/dp/B00687N0GK

holds any phone, so it came in handy for me. also they have excellent customer support. mine broke when my daughter knocked it off the counter with my phone in it and they sent me a replacement for free
    Exogear Exomount
    Best mount in my opinion, no others can even compete!!! Sticks to almost anything, and will work with any device,.in a case or naked!!! Available in multiple colors too. I've used it with my 4th gen iPod Touch, Evo 4G, Evo 3D, and Evo LTE. Will work with what ever phone and/or device I get next too!! Also works with my Asus Prime and Asus Infinity, just in the opposite direction(see the website for explanation and pics).

http://www.exogear.com/products-exomount-car-mount-holder.html

Sent from my Evo LTE using XDA Premium