D800 Will not send SMS! Only receives!

Search This thread

IrocD

Dec 18, 2012
Hello everyone. I would like to thank anyone who helps in advance, and also to the devs who work so hard.

Anyhow, the problem first surfaced on CM11 with a recent nightly. All of a sudden, my SMSes would not send. So I tried different apps, hangouts, stock SMS, gosms, etc. Nothing works, the message just times out.

Next I tried restoring my known good working rooted stock nandroid. It all of a sudden would not send SMS with that either! Then I tried wiping my entire device, and doing a clean flash of only the 12/17 CM11 and the newest PA Gapps, and I did not restore anything. Still not sending!!! Please help, did I break my device??

kimtyson

Oct 30, 2006
York, Pa
LeEco Le 2
I doubt that you broke it so relax. Check your APN settings. Maybe restore original stock ROM and then reflash whatever you want. Before you wiped it all I would have tried Textra. Good luck.

xxxrichievxxx

Jul 10, 2010
Notting Hill, London
www.facebook.com
This happened to me about two days ago, I was installing and reinstalling Paranoid Android on my AT&T LG G2 to the point where somehow I was unable to send SMS.

The funny thing is I could receive Texts & Picture messages from others, and I could send Picture messages BUT NOT send texts or reply to texts.

I tried other 3rd party messaging apps - I even went back to stock but my text messages wouldn't send! I went to my local AT&T store and they replaced my SIM card for free and everything was normal, even now it's working just great.

I even tried imputing the SMSC number again but i'd get an update error message.

Trust me I've tried everything and I couldn't get it to work, but I went to the AT&T store and all they did was switch my SIM card for a new one and everything was back to normal. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: xdafoundingmember

xxxrichievxxx

Jul 10, 2010
Notting Hill, London
www.facebook.com
Dead sims, would also mean no signal to make a call as well maybe?

Yes, calls did come in and I could make calls. Data worked as well (still connected to LTE). Everything worked except mysteriously texts wouldn't send.

I wonder if it's something to do with flashing ROMS so many times to the point where we don't let the ROM settle or maybe certain ROMS 'embed' some file that confuses the SIM card to cause it to malfunction?

Last edited:

IrocD

Dec 18, 2012

I really hope that it is the SIM and not my EFS, because when I restored to my known good Rooted stock Nandroid, EFS was included in that and it still didn't work. I have contacted AIO for a SIM but it's gonna be a few days. I wanted to get one anyway because I feel my cut-down SIM was negatively affecting my signal reception. I could be completely wrong in that, but still. I can do EVERYTHING except send SMS. So weird!

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

IrocD

Dec 18, 2012
I even tried imputing the SMSC number again but i'd get an update error message.

Is my SMSC supposed to have those extra numbers at the end? I even had AIO "refresh/provision" me to no avail. And while I was on the line with her, she wanted me to remove the 3 extra numbers. But they persist! I have included a photo so you can see what I mean.

Further (and less importantly), is anyone else having an issue with KK where the '*#*#4636#*#*' menu takes forever to show up after entering the code?

Thanks again to anyone who's made suggestions!

Attachments

• 1387331517688.jpg
    1387331517688.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 45

xxxrichievxxx

Jul 10, 2010
Notting Hill, London
www.facebook.com
Is my SMSC supposed to have those extra numbers at the end? I even had AIO "refresh/provision" me to no avail. And while I was on the line with her, she wanted me to remove the 3 extra numbers. But they persist! I have included a photo so you can see what I mean.

Further (and less importantly), is anyone else having an issue with KK where the '*#*#4636#*#*' menu takes forever to show up after entering the code?

Thanks again to anyone who's made suggestions!

I got that too but I still was unable to sent text messages. I also tried erasing the numbers and just adding the SMSC without any extra numbers and I would get an Update error.

Right now, this is what I have on my phone (it's fixed and no issues sending or receiving)

k1wcq0.png

Last edited:

IrocD

Dec 18, 2012
I got that too but I still was unable to sent text messages. I also tried erasing the numbers and just adding the SMSC without any extra numbers and I would get an Update error.

Right now, this is what I have on my phone (it's fixed and no issues sending or receiving)

k1wcq0.png

Thank you for showing me that. However, unless you are also on Aio, I don't think ours should be the same. I'm awaiting a new SIM from Aio to rule that out, so I will report back after I try the new SIM.

IrocD

Dec 18, 2012
Right now, this is what I have on my phone

One more thing... How do you get yours to stick on LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)? Whenever I set mine to that, it always reverts back to just LTE/GSM. Just wondering, I doubt it's related to my issue lol =)

xxxrichievxxx

Jul 10, 2010
Notting Hill, London
www.facebook.com
Thank you for showing me that. However, unless you are also on Aio, I don't think ours should be the same. I'm awaiting a new SIM from Aio to rule that out, so I will report back after I try the new SIM.

Oh okay! :) I figured you were using your phone on AT&T since you have the AT&T variant of the phone :p

One more thing... How do you get yours to stick on LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)? Whenever I set mine to that, it always reverts back to just LTE/GSM. Just wondering, I doubt it's related to my issue lol =)

Not too sure, I've never moved that option on my phone, it was like that when I went to the settings menu. Maybe it's set by network? Not too sure.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This happened to me about two days ago, I was installing and reinstalling Paranoid Android on my AT&T LG G2 to the point where somehow I was unable to send SMS.

The funny thing is I could receive Texts & Picture messages from others, and I could send Picture messages BUT NOT send texts or reply to texts.

I tried other 3rd party messaging apps - I even went back to stock but my text messages wouldn't send! I went to my local AT&T store and they replaced my SIM card for free and everything was normal, even now it's working just great.

Trust me I've tried everything and I couldn't get it to work, but I went to the AT&T store and all they did was switch my SIM card for a new one and everything was back to normal. :)