[Q] My VZW G2 vs Friends ATT G2. Why doesn't mine do it too?

Search This thread

masterpickle

Jan 20, 2008
OK so I have a VZW G2 and my friend has an ATT G2. When he gets a text message his screen will turn on and mine won't. And his notification light blinks about every 2 to 3 seconds where as mine is something like everything 30 seconds. These both suck and I want it to be like the ATT version but I can't figure out how.

Any help would be great.
One more thing, I've also got home screen redraws and he said he has never had one. WTF?

joeliotta

Oct 29, 2010
Interesting. I hate how the screen doesn't turn on when I get a text on my VZ g2. Would love to hear the answer or if the is a fix.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

masterpickle

Jan 20, 2008
Been using this since I got my phone. The time isn't very accurate in my experience, I have it set for 10 seconds but it's closer to 5 or 6. Anyway, it works well enough so I haven't bothered looking for another similar app.

Just tried it. It does wake the screen but then it gets rid of my notification light and missed message icon in the status bar all together. So if I missed to screen turning on I wouldn't know I had a new message at all.

pimfram

May 26, 2011
Twin Cities
Just tried it. It does wake the screen but then it gets rid of my notification light and missed message icon in the status bar all together. So if I missed to screen turning on I wouldn't know I had a new message at all.

I use Light Flow for LED control. Stock LED controller has never been very useful for me. You can easily set different colors and durations and pretty much anything else you'd ever want.

reocej

Mar 14, 2009
Light Flow ftw!

I use Light Flow for LED control. Stock LED controller has never been very useful for me. You can easily set different colors and durations and pretty much anything else you'd ever want.

Plus one on Light Flow. So many customizations and can even control your power button led and flashlight. Blows all others away imho.:good: