Screen won't turn on after calls

Search This thread

vizi0nz

Jul 16, 2010
Bay Area
During a call my screen turns off like normal but just recently when it turns off, I can't turn it back on even when pressing the power or home button. There are rare occasions where even when I'm not on the phone, I can't turn the screen on.. It always results in a battery pull then it works fine again. My phone was normal and working perfectly and I haven't done any mods.. Kinda weird, anyone with input on this?

I'm rooted running version 2 Jbomb, 2.3 beastmode kernel, mj4. Could it maybe be these apps that cause this, lux, gravity screen, light flow.. Those are the 3 main apps that are always running.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MobDad

Jan 3, 2009
South Florida
During a call my screen turns off like normal but just recently when it turns off, I can't turn it back on even when pressing the power or home button. There are rare occasions where even when I'm not on the phone, I can't turn the screen on.. It always results in a battery pull then it works fine again. My phone was normal and working perfectly and I haven't done any mods.. Kinda weird, anyone with input on this?

I'm rooted running version 2 Jbomb, 2.3 beastmode kernel, mj4. Could it maybe be these apps that cause this, lux, gravity screen, light flow.. Those are the 3 main apps that are always running.

Sounds like you may have some gremlins. I would do a clean install of your ROM and install those 3 apps 1 at a time checking for the problem to repeat. Joshes ROMs are typically very clean. Could be the Beastmode kernel also.

Reactions: vizi0nz

vizi0nz

Jul 16, 2010
Bay Area
Sounds like you may have some gremlins. I would do a clean install of your ROM and install those 3 apps 1 at a time checking for the problem to repeat. Joshes ROMs are typically very clean. Could be the Beastmode kernel also.

I'm currently trying the lean kernel.. So far it hasn't happened yet.. Hope it stays this way

dutchman71

Apr 8, 2007
South Jersey
Nope. Most likely dirt in your proximity sensor. Try blowing real hard in the ear piece or use one if those air cans. Mine does the same and it sounds like a lot of people have the same issue

jawz101

I can guarantee it's. Gravity Screen. I use both Lux and Gravity Screen and I'm on a Nexus 4. Google brought me here. I was hoping I'd find something in the gravity screen thread but search isn't picking anyone talking about it.

fwiw I only use it for the Keep Screen On by motion so any the other features are unchecked.
I also use an app called screebl which is more reliable and has been around much longer but I flip between the two.
Screebl also got completely rewritten recently so I'm thinking it's probably the more reliable of the two since it's been around longer.
Aside from that I'm thinking it might be the Running During Call checkbox since it's the only other checkbox checked.
I'd disabled the other settings by moving the sliders to zero (per the developer) and unchecking everything but the 2 checkboxes for keeping screen on by motion-left its slider at 50.

...so either uncheck that ringer checkbox. If that doesn't work it's a bug with the app.

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
It's inherent to almost any Samsung phone. My SII did it. My S4 did it. My Note 3 does it.

It has to do with the proximity sensor changing too quickly.

Sometimes it cuts both ways, with the rare occasion of the screen not waking up when a call comes in. If you're running deep sleep app, sometimes that can be the culprit. I still use it, though.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's inherent to almost any Samsung phone. My SII did it. My S4 did it. My Note 3 does it.

It has to do with the proximity sensor changing too quickly.