Searching for USB Charger with 2.0A current output for Android

Search This thread

teatimest

Jul 24, 2010
NY
I lost my original N7 2.0A charger. I've tried several of those high power USB chargers but non of them supported Android charging more than 0.5A. It seems that they designed for Apple products. It will deliver full power for Apple product as it detects what is connected, but it doesn't detect Android device and just provide minimal 0.5A for them. Do you have any recommendation? So far I used

iXCC ® Quad USB 30W 6.2A Black High Capacity FAST AC Charging Station 4 Port High Speed Charger
iXCC ® Dual USB 20W 4.2A Black High Capacity FAST AC Travel Wall Charger for iPhone and iPad

And only got 0.5A for my Nexus7 FHD and Galaxy Note.

Tea

I lost my original N7 2.0A charger. I've tried several of those high power USB chargers but non of them supported Android charging more than 0.5A. It seems that they designed for Apple products. It will deliver full power for Apple product as it detects what is connected, but it doesn't detect Android device and just provide minimal 0.5A for them. Do you have any recommendation? So far I used

iXCC ® Quad USB 30W 6.2A Black High Capacity FAST AC Charging Station 4 Port High Speed Charger
iXCC ® Dual USB 20W 4.2A Black High Capacity FAST AC Travel Wall Charger for iPhone and iPad

Tea

I use the Anker 25W 5 port adapter I bought on Amazon for $20 or so. There are 2 iPad 2.1A ports and both work great for my Nexus 7, plus I have a port for my Nexus 5 and my Pebble. Life is good.

Amazon link to the Anker adapter

Pandae

Dec 14, 2013

Look for generic chargers: Walmart, Target, and overseas online retailers like DealExtreme and Meritline. There are some that put out a full 2A, no matter the device connected.

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Great! Ordered that Anker charger now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Yeah, I was about to recommend their new 40W 5-port version, a monster!!! :) I reviewed a ton of different chargers (just scroll down my review section to Chargers: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192333), including both 25W and 40W. Would highly recommend 40W instead, sources 8A of current and 5 smart ports independent of apple or android which can provide 2.4A from each port to charge even the latest iPad.

Reactions: Pfeffernuss

teatimest

Jul 24, 2010
NY
That 40w unit seems great. I should return 25w and get that instead.

Frozster

Feb 13, 2014
charging galaxy note 10.1 n8000

Hey there. I bought the anker 40w charger(updated) and somehow my galaxy note 10.1 would not charge at max A. I only get an average of 700mA. Sometimes just above 500mA. So I'm just wondering if its just me or did you see similar result with your nexus. Kinda dissapointed that it doesn't charge at full. Using the 2.1A charger that came with my note, I can get up to 1.2A. Or more.

IMG_20140223_152224.JPG

IMG_20140223_152205.JPG

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great! Ordered that Anker charger now.

Yeah, I was about to recommend their new 40W 5-port version, a monster!!! :) I reviewed a ton of different chargers (just scroll down my review section to Chargers: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192333), including both 25W and 40W. Would highly recommend 40W instead, sources 8A of current and 5 smart ports independent of apple or android which can provide 2.4A from each port to charge even the latest iPad.