Official Google Chromecast Change log?

Search This thread

jsdecker10

Jul 9, 2012
The good ol Deep South
I noticed that the official Chrome Browser Google Cast Extension was updated a couple of days ago, but I can't seem to find any official Google Change Log for any updates to the Cast Extension or even the Chromecast device itself. Does anyone know if there even IS an official change log for the Cast Extension and/or the Chromecast device that's written up and updated by Google? I can't seem to find one anywhere!! :confused:

jsdecker10

Jul 9, 2012
The good ol Deep South
....Oh yea, btw. I already know about the Google "Chrome Releases" webpage right here, so I should have specified that I'm actually looking for something that is...I guess the word I'm looking for is....more "current" and up-to-date with the proper device and extension releases. For example, the newest chromecast firmware update is apparently nowhere to be found...and as far as the Google Cast Extension goes, Google does a pi$$-poor job of updating its Chrome Web Store listing whenever it releases an update to the Cast extension. Actually, I don't think there's ONE SINGLE written description of ANY update that the Cast extension has seen. Now I'll give Google props on keeping us updated with a changelog for their Android app. They've done a pretty good job of keeping the "What's new" section of its Play Store listing up-to-date and in-line with the current version of their Chromecast app. Please correct me if I'm wrong though on the extension and the device firmware...

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
....Oh yea, btw. I already know about the Google "Chrome Releases" webpage right here, so I should have specified that I'm actually looking for something that is...I guess the word I'm looking for is....more "current" and up-to-date with the proper device and extension releases. For example, the newest chromecast firmware update is apparently nowhere to be found...and as far as the Google Cast Extension goes, Google does a pi$$-poor job of updating its Chrome Web Store listing whenever it releases an update to the Cast extension. Actually, I don't think there's ONE SINGLE written description of ANY update that the Cast extension has seen. Now I'll give Google props on keeping us updated with a changelog for their Android app. They've done a pretty good job of keeping the "What's new" section of its Play Store listing up-to-date and in-line with the current version of their Chromecast app. Please correct me if I'm wrong though on the extension and the device firmware...
There's a Dec 4 "version" (don't ask me what that means) in the chromecast-mirrored-source
and there's also the Cast SDK issue tracker to kind of get an idea of where things are going.

No clue where the Cast extension code lives.

Top Liked Posts