[Q] Signal drop

Search This thread

surrealjam

Apr 30, 2010
Birmingham
Hi all

I bought a Nexus 5 yesterday. All good but today, the signal (that is, mobile signal) dropped and even with a flight mode on/off and re-scan for networks it did not pick up. In the end, I had to reboot.

It is completely stock 4.4.2 and I'm just wondering if this sort of thing is a common issue. The only thing I can think is I was definitely in a no signal "black spot" for maybe 15 minutes prior to the drop so it's almost like it "froze" and didn't want to pick up the network when it returned.

Thanks
James

Liskrig

Mar 17, 2011
Boston
twitter.com
Same exact issue, Sir.

It seems to be common, but I have minimized it by installing a custom ROM (I'm using the Cyanogen Nightlies) It is a known issue though from what I have heard.

Simonna

Apr 8, 2013
I think Google will fix this issue on the next update,so don't worry,it's known issue,and enjoy your device! :)

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Hi all

I bought a Nexus 5 yesterday. All good but today, the signal (that is, mobile signal) dropped and even with a flight mode on/off and re-scan for networks it did not pick up. In the end, I had to reboot.

It is completely stock 4.4.2 and I'm just wondering if this sort of thing is a common issue. The only thing I can think is I was definitely in a no signal "black spot" for maybe 15 minutes prior to the drop so it's almost like it "froze" and didn't want to pick up the network when it returned.

Thanks
James

set your "preferred network type" to 2G (even if "data enabled" is not enabled), you will notice that signal will be stronger

Reactions: Aerowinder

surrealjam

Apr 30, 2010
Birmingham
Thanks for the advice, guys. Like you say - as long as it's a known issue then hopefully a future update will resolve it.

For the "set to 2g only" advice - I only get the option of 3g or 4g? I already set this set to 3g only as I don't have a 4g data contract anyway.

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
Try flashing a different radio. It makes tons of difference on signal quality.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all

Thanks
    James

set your "preferred network type" to 2G (even if "data enabled" is not enabled), you will notice that signal will be stronger