[Q] What charger are you using?

Search This thread

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
Hey everyone.

I noticed a lot of people have been having battery problems.

Not poor battery life, but the issue some people are having where they can only use their phone while its plugged in.

My question is what charger, more specifically, what charging cable is everyone using?

I've noticed that if I used one of my Samsung charging cables to charge this phone, it takes FOREVER! Where the Sony cable that came with the phone charges it literally 3-4 times faster.

The charging cube or block doesn't seem to matter as I am using a blackberry cube with both cables.

I have a feeling that using the wrong cable could be causing people issues with their battery. Like its not providing the battery the correct voltage or something, causing a malfunction.

I don't really have any proof or specific knowledge to base this on, its just a hunch.

So what'd your charging setup like?

Mine = Official ZL cable in a blackberry power cube.

Sent from my Xperia ZL using Tapatalk

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
hey everyone.

Not poor battery life, but the issue some people are having where they can only use their phone while its plugged in.

My question is what charger, more specifically, what charging cable is everyone using?

I've noticed that if i used one of my samsung charging cables to charge this phone, it takes forever! Where the sony cable that came with the phone charges it literally 3-4 times faster.

The charging cube or block doesn't seem to matter as i am using a blackberry cube with both cables.

I have a feeling that using the wrong cable could be causing people issues with their battery. Like its not providing the battery the correct voltage or something, causing a malfunction.

I don't really have any proof or specific knowledge to base this on, its just a hunch.

Mine = official zl cable in a blackberry power cube.

Sent from my xperia zl using tapatalk

yeah it charges much faster in sony charges than a samsung charger for me.acually your device wont accept power more than its requirement but unless the chargers and cables are faulty (defective)it may cause battery issues

Reactions: ATRIXXIRTA

Chonwey

Sep 30, 2013
Have that problem, and I'm not using the original charger; Using Motorola with motorola / nokia cable; Still...today you have 1 thousand different options to charge usb units, and as long as they're not defective, they should charge ANY certified product with no problem at all.
What I mean is I don't have any other cellphone who had trouble with that on past; if charger is 0,25A will charge slower, if it's 1,5A will do faster.

butatx

Sep 22, 2009
Perak
Note 2 charger, sometimes HTC sensation charger, powerbank and laptop with BlackBerry Bold 9700 cable sometimes htc cable...so far so good...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
I've charged using Sony, Samsung and Palm charging bricks without any issue thus far... Samsung takes longer to charge...

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk

hem.acharya

Sep 19, 2010
Toronto
I had a zl charger which used to take forever to charge the phone. I both an 1amp original charger that also took about 4 to 5 hrs to fully charge so I bought Samsung note 3 charger with 1.5amp rating and it charges in e hrs approx. Yes cable matters it has to be high duty one

Sent from my C6502 using Tapatalk

alkesh95

Mar 22, 2012
Mumbai
Any charger available:D actually I lost my original charger I loved that charger and one more thing samsung micro usb doesn't stay attached for long little movement and its unplugged

Sent from my C6502 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Apr 10, 2011
Original Sony charger here. And yes the use of multiple charger with different voltage will reduce the battery life and cause some malfunction. Search in Google there is a lot of confirmed info of this issue

Enviado desde mi C6502 mediante Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey everyone.

I've noticed that if i used one of my samsung charging cables to charge this phone, it takes forever! Where the sony cable that came with the phone charges it literally 3-4 times faster.

The charging cube or block doesn't seem to matter as i am using a blackberry cube with both cables.

Mine = official zl cable in a blackberry power cube.

Sent from my xperia zl using tapatalk

yeah it charges much faster in sony charges than a samsung charger for me.acually your device wont accept power more than its requirement but unless the chargers and cables are faulty (defective)it may cause battery issues
    Have that problem, and I'm not using the original charger; Using Motorola with motorola / nokia cable; Still...today you have 1 thousand different options to charge usb units, and as long as they're not defective, they should charge ANY certified product with no problem at all.
    What I mean is I don't have any other cellphone who had trouble with that on past; if charger is 0,25A will charge slower, if it's 1,5A will do faster.
    Official ZL cable and charger and no battery problems so far.
    Note 2 charger, sometimes HTC sensation charger, powerbank and laptop with BlackBerry Bold 9700 cable sometimes htc cable...so far so good...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Official ZL cable and charger and no battery problems so far.

Ditto