[Q] Planning to root and put a custom rom on a friends phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Warmo161

Dec 20, 2010
Hi there, my friend is coming round soon and I was planning to give it a custom rom

Now, I've done this type of stuff before (on my nexus) I just want to see how you would do it for this samsung phone

Now, what recoveries can you get? I use 4EXT on mine
And, can anybody send me to a stable and up-to-date rom that can be used everyday and has nearly no issues? I need one without all the samsung stuff, just a normal default android one

And, how would I go by rooting the phone?
On mine, I used the zergrush exploit, does it work for this phone??

ak700

Nov 5, 2010
25.00° N, 71.00° W
If you want one with everything working, then use the Froyo roms. CM7 is under development. The major bugs are bluetooth and youtube hq. Leaving that, even thats useable. It's even better than Froyo.
I suggest you to try either Kyorarom or Kyrillos v9.6. Both of them are froyo based, pre-rooted, and have other mods to make it even more faster than a stock one.

Happy flashing!

Warmo161

Dec 20, 2010
If you want one with everything working, then use the Froyo roms. CM7 is under development. The major bugs are bluetooth and youtube hq. Leaving that, even thats useable. It's even better than Froyo.
I suggest you to try either Kyorarom or Kyrillos v9.6. Both of them are froyo based, pre-rooted, and have other mods to make it even more faster than a stock one.

Happy flashing!

Thanks, and how do I go about flashing the rom, would I have to root it first?

Warmo161

Dec 20, 2010
Ah, I get it now, thanks

Just one more question, does ODIN delete the phones data before installing the rom?

DoR2

Mar 9, 2012
Snezhinsk
You have to wipe all your data after flashing(or not if from Froyo to Froyo)

I mean from recovery. ODIN don't delete user data

ak700

Nov 5, 2010
25.00° N, 71.00° W
I exactly I don't know the working of odin, but after flashing you are directly taken to the recovery and advised to wipe data and factory reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.