G2 stock browser supports Adobe Flash Player

Search This thread

mp2ning

Jul 5, 2010
Aguadilla
The G2 (AT&T) stock Browser supports Adobe Flash Player. Just go to Adobe's Archived Flash Player versions and download the latest version under Android 4.0. It didn't work on the Galaxy S4 4.2.2 stock browser so I thought it was worth mentioning.

Remember this works only on the stock Browser. It does NOT work in Chrome. Chrome does NOT support Flash!

And make sure that the option Enable plug-ins is set to Always on in the Browser Settings.

csimo

Dec 8, 2010
If you're on Verizon you can still get the AOSP Browser and add Flash. I just did it, but I'm rooted and I don't know if it would work on non-rooted phones or not.

Install the [ROOT]AOSP Browser Installer from the Play Store. Ignore the warnings and have it install the AOSP Browser. Then go into your App maager and remove [ROOT]AOSP Browser Installer just to clean things up. You'll now have the stock browser that works fine.

Then just follow the instructions in the OP to install Flash. Works great.

-Joe

Last edited:

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
If you're on Verizon you can still get the AOSP Browser and add Flash. I just did it, but I'm rooted and I don't know if it would work on non-rooted phones or not.

Install the [ROOT]AOSP Browser Installer from the Play Store. Ignore the warnings and have it install the AOSP Browser. Then go into your App maager and remove [ROOT]AOSP Browser Installer just to clean things up. You'll now have the stock browser that works fine.

-Joe

awesome! thanks man. is the LG browser pretty much the same as aosp? just installed this.

csimo

Dec 8, 2010
awesome! thanks man. is the LG browser pretty much the same as aosp? just installed this.

On my Verzion G2 there is no LG browser... just Chrome (which won't use Flash). Other versions of the G2 use the AOSP browser. You can have multiple browsers on the same device... no problem.

pouxonu

Aug 29, 2010
Also, I've been using Dolphin Browser and it seems to support all my flash needs as well give it a try.

paazei

Jul 7, 2010
Doet the aosp browser from the play store have the PIE controls you can swipe in from the left? I hate having that adressbar popping up when I scroll up.
I tried the aosp installer last week, but didnt get it to work. Also tried some other ways of pushing it, but then broke the default browser in the progress. Dont want to reflash my rom again, but if it can get me the PIE controls I will keep trying it.

p5f

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
I've got the international version and the browser seems to have lots of bugs. Double tapping a column of text doesn't always resize it or align it with the screen properly, after a week my bookmarks disappeared and refused to come back so I had to do a factory reset, now the top and bottom bars no longer auto hide. I like the browser because it has extra features not found in Chrome but it feels like a beta product. I'm going to give dolphin and firefox a go.

Tahbi

Apr 26, 2013
Vivo V21 5G
Hi there... I have a new D800 and am trying to get flash installed by following the above tips. Even though I've tried several times, it's not happening. Could someone please tell me which flash version in the archived list you were able to get working using the default browser, unrooted, on the AT&T G2?

Thanks.... I am very hard of hearing and need to be able to watch the ASL videos online.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Found the thread and APK.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2139513

It works now but only on some videos.

hkk

Oct 30, 2007
Thanks

Awesome. I had assumed that the stock player would have flash plugin installed, and when I tried to open a site with flash, was surprised to find that it couldn't handle it. Now I am able to. Thanks for the info.

Apr 7, 2011
AWESOME! Just wish I had seen this over the weekend when I was trying to watch college football on CBS while on my way to my outlaws! I couldn't get flash to work on anything.

I'm on Verizon and I just installed the Flash for Android 4.0 and this browser:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.android.browser

and Dolphin and both work just fine with Flash sites and the G2 has enough power to actually handle it. I have a feeling it would destroy battery life if used too much but for times when you need it, it's great to know it works, for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: allbroncos

DickieD

May 9, 2011
Not sure how many of you are Sprint users; but there was a software update released for the Sprint G2 last week that apparently (at least for my slightly disgusted experience) has REMOVED the flash capability from the built-in browser. Can anyone confirm?

andmiller78

Dec 11, 2012
Stock Browser KitKat

Verizon KitKat is missing stock browser, of course. Tried using the stock LG Browser from JellyBean, but it FC's. Does any variant have LG Browser on KitKat? If so, could someone please post the APK + ODEX files?

Reactions: mariekesuzanne

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The G2 (AT&T) stock Browser supports Adobe Flash Player. Just go to Adobe's Archived Flash Player versions and download the latest version under Android 4.0. It didn't work on the Galaxy S4 4.2.2 stock browser so I thought it was worth mentioning.

Remember this works only on the stock Browser. It does NOT work in Chrome. Chrome does NOT support Flash!

And make sure that the option Enable plug-ins is set to Always on in the Browser Settings.

-Joe
    AWESOME! Just wish I had seen this over the weekend when I was trying to watch college football on CBS while on my way to my outlaws! I couldn't get flash to work on anything.

I'm on Verizon and I just installed the Flash for Android 4.0 and this browser:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.android.browser

and Dolphin and both work just fine with Flash sites and the G2 has enough power to actually handle it. I have a feeling it would destroy battery life if used too much but for times when you need it, it's great to know it works, for now.
    Stock Browser KitKat

Verizon KitKat is missing stock browser, of course. Tried using the stock LG Browser from JellyBean, but it FC's. Does any variant have LG Browser on KitKat? If so, could someone please post the APK + ODEX files?
    I'm on kk european version and I need stock browser apk.I deleted by mistake.Do I need another files to install this?Please help me with this problem.