Thinking about getting a new case

Search This thread
May 31, 2011
So I currently have a zagg invisible shield and otterbox commuter case on my inspire. I really am not too thrilled with the otterbox commuter and this it honestly sucks and doesn't look great. It has already had a piece broken off.

Questions is, What do you suggest I get for a reasonable price.

What UPGRADES/Accessories do you think are necessary for an HTC Inspire 4g user. As far as everyday use, car use, etc etc..

Battery upgrades? etc etc?

Let me know thanks guys!!

MMM-BACONSTRIPS

Sep 7, 2011
Philadelphia
So I currently have a zagg invisible shield and otterbox commuter case on my inspire. I really am not too thrilled with the otterbox commuter and this it honestly sucks and doesn't look great. It has already had a piece broken off.

Questions is, What do you suggest I get for a reasonable price.

What UPGRADES/Accessories do you think are necessary for an HTC Inspire 4g user. As far as everyday use, car use, etc etc..

Battery upgrades? etc etc?

Let me know thanks guys!!

give a little search! there are a good number of threads that documents the popular cases and the opinions users have with them. Same goes for batteries.

My pick for a case is the Case Mate Tough Case, great protection (I've dropped it a coupe of times onto concrete and marble floors no damage to the phone) and not bad GPS interference (I can lock onto 9 sats within 6-10 seconds).

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Seido Platinum Defender is great. Dropped my phone off a 2 story balcony onto concrete and it survived with just a few scratches on the plastic of the case.

Don't bother trying to get a better battery. The stock one is the best in my opinion. I have tried a few different batteries off of eBay none of them were even close to good performance.

MMM-BACONSTRIPS

Sep 7, 2011
Philadelphia
I've heard the Seido case is good, with no gps interference. No personal experience, though.

+1 for no GPS interference, the Seido by design leaves the space between the camera lense and speaker open which is where your GPS antenna is located, so it provides great protection and minimal GPS interference. I would have gotten the Seido but already had the CM Tough Case and GPS isn't affected to the point I can justify buying a new case. Either or have a great reputation for protection, you can't go wrong with either IMHO

+1 again for the Sedio. I purchased mine when I got my Inspire and have had no issues with GPS lock. It has stood up well to my kids dropping the phone on me several times.

RIL: HTC-RIL 2.2.0018G

sigpic4301344_3.gif

mrro82

Feb 17, 2011
New York
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I've been using the seidio innocase since I got my inspire in february and it does a great job. I've dropped it I don't know how many times and the phone is still mint. Highly recommended.

Sent from the future with an Inspire 4G powered by Doc Brown and 1.21 gigawatts.

nystromproductions

Aug 11, 2011
Des Moines, Iowa
I recently got the powerskin case which acts as a full battery charger as well, its a little bigger than most but allows me to make it through a full day on my phone! i reccommed it!

voyagerfan99

Dec 24, 2011
Connecticut
+1 for no GPS interference, the Seido by design leaves the space between the camera lense and speaker open which is where your GPS antenna is located, so it provides great protection and minimal GPS interference. I would have gotten the Seido but already had the CM Tough Case and GPS isn't affected to the point I can justify buying a new case. Either or have a great reputation for protection, you can't go wrong with either IMHO

I currently have a Speck case. Do you think not having that space open is what causes a long GPS lock time? I kind of want something a little beefier anyway so I'm looking into Seidio cases.

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Dec 24, 2011
Connecticut

MMM-BACONSTRIPS

Sep 7, 2011
Philadelphia
Not gonna rip my phone apart. I did the whole "Press around the flash" thing, but that didn't make any difference. I'm gonna let my GPS go stale for a few days and then try a fresh lock. I want a new case anyways as my speck is just plain boring :D

Check out the AGPS fix in the dev section and see if that helps ya out. I've heard that the Seido case is great but honestly haven't had a signal problem with my CM Tough Case, I lock within a few seconds 9/9 sats and the space between the camera and flash is covered, but who knows. If you're really having an issue with GPS and you tried the AGPS fix, it very well may be a hardware issue. If you think so try testing without a case just to make sure!

Nick281051

May 5, 2010
Northport, NY
I currently have an aegis trident case for my inspire, I've had it for months now with really no cosmetic damage to it

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA App

texas-saluki

Jun 24, 2010
Flower Mound, TX
question on comments on GPS interference. How much interference could you get with a plastic case? I don't think it would provide that much attenuation...or the GPS receivers really stink