Search This thread

metalmenance

May 1, 2010
Knoxville, Tn
i rooted mine and running a stock rom
recieved update notification, downloaded it and chose to install
it unpacks, tells me to stay plugged in etc
goes into reboot a status bar starts moving then doesnt do anything just sits
on a screen with the triangle and blue bee.....
do i need to unroot or something?
i tried factory reset and still no go.......

szpaner6

Aug 5, 2007
Thank you, so maybe If developers modified the official then would be faster, and then I will install ;)

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
Why wait? Seriously... We're talking so tiny a difference here that you're just not going to notice it in real world use. ICS is much faster than HC; the only real reason for choosing custom over stock is the removal of "bloat".

szpaner6

Aug 5, 2007
yes I konw, but may be they add for example the "Acer Ring"
Yeah you are wright I will do it. If I do normally update I will loss all may data which I have now?

SyncA

Aug 16, 2011
i rooted mine and running a stock rom
recieved update notification, downloaded it and chose to install
it unpacks, tells me to stay plugged in etc
goes into reboot a status bar starts moving then doesnt do anything just sits
on a screen with the triangle and blue bee.....
do i need to unroot or something?
i tried factory reset and still no go.......

Do you have acer recovery installer?
I was still on 3.1 for adhoc and root. And for some reason I installed, but never really used ARI. Anyway, this is what helped me bypass it and get the OTA's started
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1157881
Post #6
After doing this the 3.2, and 3.2.1 OTA already got installed, going to do the next OTA now, ICS I presume!;).
Before the OTA I used voodoo OTA rootkeeper to disable root but (hopefully) keep it after OTA (hence the name;))
Also, I replaced the wpa_supplicant file with the original again (file that was used to get adhoc going. Not shure if this was really necessary tho.)

Hope this helps!

Greetz

morus1968

Jul 31, 2011
ICS update failed acer iconia a500 HELP

Can anybody help me?
So, I have my acer iconia a500 rooted and its running android 3.2.1 rom, that I've got here on xda. It automatically downloaded the new ICS, unzips it and asks me if I want to install it. I say yes and it reboots. Then starts installing but after 5 secs it fails (the triangle with de admiration mark appears. If I only new where does the download file goes after it unzips it, I could install it manually, but alas I don't. Can anybody tell me what to do?

ibeqa

Mar 17, 2005
Prishtina
Can anybody help me?
So, I have my acer iconia a500 rooted and its running android 3.2.1 rom, that I've got here on xda. It automatically downloaded the new ICS, unzips it and asks me if I want to install it. I say yes and it reboots. Then starts installing but after 5 secs it fails (the triangle with de admiration mark appears. If I only new where does the download file goes after it unzips it, I could install it manually, but alas I don't. Can anybody tell me what to do?

Restart your tab, go get Acer Recovery Installer app in market. It will allow you to install official recovery (you cannot do ota with custom recovery). Also to do this you'll need to have a rooted device.
After you completed these steps start installing "Ice Cream".

Regarding wiping apps, all my apps are intact after finishing upgrade to ICS (there's no wipe out).

Reactions: morus1968

morus1968

Jul 31, 2011
Worked great

[/COLOR]
Restart your tab, go get Acer Recovery Installer app in market. It will allow you to install official recovery (you cannot do ota with custom recovery). Also to do this you'll need to have a rooted device.
After you completed these steps start installing "Ice Cream".

Regarding wiping apps, all my apps are intact after finishing upgrade to ICS (there's no wipe out).

Thanks dude, worked great, many thanks

Last edited:

NinjaRicky

Aug 26, 2010
Gen 2?

I had the update waiting on me this morning in North Carolina. Runs very nice. But no acer ring. Anyone else notice that?

Since you're asking about the Acer Ring, I'm guessing you haven't read the rest of this thread, so to answer your question.. Yes, the update does not include the Acer Ring.

Now, can you confirm please that your device is GEN_2 and not GEN_1, because so far only GEN_1 has received ICS.

Thanks! I :)

nccowboy

Dec 1, 2010
Yes, Generation 1

Since you're asking about the Acer Ring, I'm guessing you haven't read the rest of this thread, so to answer your question.. Yes, the update does not include the Acer Ring.

Now, can you confirm please that your device is GEN_2 and not GEN_1, because so far only GEN_1 has received ICS.

Thanks! I :)

Yes, Generation 1
I like it so far, much much faster.

Top Liked Posts