[ROM] [EVITA] [AOSP] [4.3] [cfX-Toolchain 4.8.y+] codefireXperiment OFFICIAL NIGHTLY

Search This thread

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
Introducing codefireXperiment for your device! This OP is going to stay slim and bloat free, just like codefireXperiment. No marketing buzzwords either. We take such confidence in the speed and performance of this distribution, we challenge you to find a faster and more stable one!

Warning: we only support anykernel methods of custom kernel installation.

Here's a bit of info you may want on this project for how we do things differently:

CLICK HERE to find out more about the new team working on this project since our TeamEOS merger.
No features you don't need which slow the device down, or put your data at risk of being stolen. If you want to give it away, it should be your decision.
A fast and clean install with no UX decisions made for you. You make the ROM whatever you would like.
A team constantly exploring totally new feature sets and optimizations geared toward you, the user

We utilize a plethora of optimizations in a build system unlike any other:

Each build has a toolchain built for your device at the time of build. No more generic toolchain android builds.
Consistently updated upstream toolchain module source with our custom backports, fixes, and optimizations applied in a patch at build time.
Fully built utilizing Link Time Optimization (another custom ROM first). Feel free to google this one a bit to get an idea of the performance gain.
Many repositories have code fixes, cleanups, and many minor optimizations which are too generous to even speak of here.
Optimizations are toggled on and off based on device for the best experience we can acheive for your device without sacrificing any stability
Many Qcom optimizations and AOSP master (upstream) optimizations and fixes using device specifications to determine usage.
Fully built utilizing strict aliasing and isognu++11 mode.
Full "-O3" build. To those who don't know, this is the highest "optimization level" available in gcc that sets many other flags.

Important Links:

Download Nightlies - We have a very in depth review system, so these should be considered stable.
Download Weeklies - These are built once a week on Monday.
Download GApps
Download SuperSU Zip
Kernel Source
Interactive and Rolling Changelog
Bug Tracker

Instructions:

**This uses the 3.4 cm kernel tweaked for gcc-4.8 builds and as such,
follows all the same requirements as CM-10.2. NEWEST FIRMWARE/HBOOT are required. **
In the same recovery session, flash the following:
Flash rom
Flash GApps
Flash SuperSU zip
Reboot

Thank you for choosing codefireXperiment - See more at: http://www.codefirex.com/index.php?...htc-one-xl-codefirexperiment-nightlies#latest

CHAT on IRC Freenode #codefirex
PHABRICATOR - review system
GITHUB

Thanks to the CM team for all thier work on this family of devices, especiallly h8rift for his work on evita for all of us to enjoy.

Also thanks to my beta testers for experimenting with me.

DISCLAIMER: I will not be held responsible for any damages caused to your device by flashing this ROM. Your warranty is now void.
By proceeding you accept the risks involved with flashing ROMS. While I test everything on my own device, I cannot garauntee yours will not explode into kittens and rainbows.

Last edited:

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
KNOWN ISSUES:

ROOT ACCESS : On-going disscusion within the team but as of right now root is not available to userspace. Root currently works over adb only. Flash the superSU.zip and carry on if you need root access for apps like TiBu or root file explorers. Otherwise you really don't need it

BOOT ANIMATION : i'ts just full of struggle, it's an old animation made for smaller screens. It freezes and goes blank screen on first boot. Don't be alarmed, it'll be OK. New custom boot ani is being designed now by a fellow team member:)

BROWSER : Ocassional FC on embedded browser streaming video. You tube and links that open a video player are fine, just embedded video.

ROM is still under construction so i'm sure more will surface but this should be more than ready to be a daily driver.

Last edited:

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
So that's where you went!!!! Too many ROMs to choose! :crying:

EDIT: Anyone want to provide some screenshots? I will be grateful if someone did!

Yeah this has been my obsession for the last 3-4 weeks.
Think stock nexus, this is AOSP MASTER branch with all the optimization tweaks on top of it and not much else...VERY MINIMAL

trevorb21

Jan 13, 2013
Working great so far....smooth and fastest ROM I have used ever.

Sent from my One Xl using xda app-developers app

XNine

Dec 28, 2010
Denver
HTC 10
OnePlus 6
Nice! I'll wait til a more stable version comes about, but I'm looking forward to trying her out. With your success on Vanilla Root I'm sure this will be great as well!

How's the Camera on the One XL in this ROM? That's the only thing that's really ever bugged me about AOSP ROMs on our device, is that the Camera isn't nearly as good as Sense Based ROMs (not devs fault, camera libraries in sense are much different than AOSP). Does it change orientation quickly?

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
You'll drive yourself nuts ROM hopping over there.... They've got more aosp ROMs than you could ever flash lol

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I'm sure I will. I've always wanted a Nexus device and I couldn't pass up the $199 price tag. I'm hoping I will be able to keep both devices but the wife will probably want me to sell my One X to pay for the N4.

I did take a look at the N4 section and it was a little out of control. I was always amazed how much development the DesireHD/Inspire had and the N4 was like 5 times that, lol. I think they have more kernels than we have ROMs, lol.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 4

trevorb21

Jan 13, 2013
Is there/will there be any way to change the hardware key assignments? I need the recent apps button on the right!

Edit-fixed for now with my launcher

Last edited:

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
Right now there is not. I played the same trick AOKP does do get recent on long press home. AFAIK aokp still doesn't have remapping either.

It could possibly be added later but I'd have to discuss with the rest of the team. They are far more concerned with getting the rest of their supported devices back up on 4.3 than anything else right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: panda_mode

mayhem85

Jul 26, 2012
Have this running since the last 12 hours or so and have to say, it is very stable and the battery life so far has been great. Good work!

DvineLord

Aug 29, 2010
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
AT&T HTC One X
I'm trying backup my stuff to flash this. Im pretty horrible at that task. Can't wait to run this rom again. I'll report back about how it runs. Thanks so much for this.

Edit: seems to run smoothly although many expected features are not present. Also some root apps take alot of work to get working suck as the latest AdAway. I wish it used Trebuchet and had most of the cm10.2 features especially the keyboard and clock.

Last edited:

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
Im not sure about this but are the nightlies started? i cant seem to find where to get them

Not yet, last I talked with synergy he was adding us to the nightly build list after I merged our device trees in, but it must not be done yet. Op will be updated as soon as I know something certain. If there's a hold up I'll post newer builds on my own until he catches up.

Reactions: Z1cK

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
Edit: seems to run smoothly although many expected features are not present. Also some root apps take alot of work to get working suck as the latest AdAway. I wish it used Trebuchet and had most of the cm10.2 features especially the keyboard and clock.

Some "features" will come but the team concentration right now is getting all supported devices caught up to 4.3, and debugging major issues. I didn't have any issues with any root apps but I don't use adaway.

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
New nightly is up in OP.

Changlog:
Bluetooth- fixes for 48hz audio & issues with some car connections
Fixes for some issues with games crashing in 4.3
Updated camera proprietaries/kernel code from sense 5 Evita leak.

synergy is on vacay for a week so it will be a few days before we get added to the nightly builds. In the mean time I'll try to kick a few out to hold us over.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing codefireXperiment for your device! This OP is going to stay slim and bloat free, just like codefireXperiment. No marketing buzzwords either. We take such confidence in the speed and performance of this distribution, we challenge you to find a faster and more stable one!

Warning: we only support anykernel methods of custom kernel installation.

Here's a bit of info you may want on this project for how we do things differently:

CLICK HERE to find out more about the new team working on this project since our TeamEOS merger.
    No features you don't need which slow the device down, or put your data at risk of being stolen. If you want to give it away, it should be your decision.
    A fast and clean install with no UX decisions made for you. You make the ROM whatever you would like.
    A team constantly exploring totally new feature sets and optimizations geared toward you, the user

We utilize a plethora of optimizations in a build system unlike any other:

Each build has a toolchain built for your device at the time of build. No more generic toolchain android builds.
    Consistently updated upstream toolchain module source with our custom backports, fixes, and optimizations applied in a patch at build time.
    Fully built utilizing Link Time Optimization (another custom ROM first). Feel free to google this one a bit to get an idea of the performance gain.
    Many repositories have code fixes, cleanups, and many minor optimizations which are too generous to even speak of here.
    Optimizations are toggled on and off based on device for the best experience we can acheive for your device without sacrificing any stability
    Many Qcom optimizations and AOSP master (upstream) optimizations and fixes using device specifications to determine usage.
    Fully built utilizing strict aliasing and isognu++11 mode.
    Full "-O3" build. To those who don't know, this is the highest "optimization level" available in gcc that sets many other flags.

Important Links:

Download Nightlies - We have a very in depth review system, so these should be considered stable.
    Download Weeklies - These are built once a week on Monday.
    Download GApps
    Download SuperSU Zip
    Kernel Source
    Interactive and Rolling Changelog
    Bug Tracker

Instructions:

**This uses the 3.4 cm kernel tweaked for gcc-4.8 builds and as such,
    follows all the same requirements as CM-10.2. NEWEST FIRMWARE/HBOOT are required. **
    In the same recovery session, flash the following:
    Flash rom
    Flash GApps
    Flash SuperSU zip
    Reboot

Thank you for choosing codefireXperiment - See more at: http://www.codefirex.com/index.php?...htc-one-xl-codefirexperiment-nightlies#latest

CHAT on IRC Freenode #codefirex
    PHABRICATOR - review system
    GITHUB

Thanks to the CM team for all thier work on this family of devices, especiallly h8rift for his work on evita for all of us to enjoy.

Also thanks to my beta testers for experimenting with me.

DISCLAIMER: I will not be held responsible for any damages caused to your device by flashing this ROM. Your warranty is now void.
    By proceeding you accept the risks involved with flashing ROMS. While I test everything on my own device, I cannot garauntee yours will not explode into kittens and rainbows.
    Big progress today...almost all our qcom devices are booting noe and most including my Evita are fully functional and stable. Expect a beta release in the next few days :)

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    Public beta

full_evita-cfxe-OPENMASTER-20140111.130727.zip - 200.80 MB

Throwing this up for testing purposes....it's mostly solid but there are a few minor lurking issues.
    Logcats please if you have signifigant failure to report.

Thanks for being patient, we started over from scratch with clean AOSP code and have built this back up from there.
    First official 4.4 nighties are popping up now. Threads will be updates this evening.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    Tried once but stopped because of buttons. Oh well he said he is working on a fix, what can I ask for anyway all of the latest software and thats why I can download LMT controls :D Love the free ram. Going to try and flash Xmister kernel for the HOX AOSP yes the original. Hope it works.

Nobody repeat this. Xmister kernel is for the tegra version. Not ours qcom version. Surprised its not another brick report already.