Stable d2lte build?

Search This thread

bradley129

Feb 4, 2014
No this IS NOT a best rom thread its a bug report every d2lte rom I try gives me at most 2 bars even manually adding the apns while I don't get under 3 in touchwiz does anyone know a d2lte rom that has good signal?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

counterfeit187

Sep 15, 2010
One problem is that Touchwiz aort of lies about signal strength. Cm uses aosp signal reporting which i believe is more accurate. You may be getting signal at the same strength but looks like a better connection on Samsung's UI. Have you looked at actual numbers for the signal?

Reactions: 1BadWolf

bradley129

Feb 4, 2014
Yes I actually get 4g where I live with touchwiz but I have to be in the middle of town to get 4g on aosp so its def a real issue.

Reactions: Jshugzda

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
One problem is that Touchwiz aort of lies about signal strength. Cm uses aosp signal reporting which i believe is more accurate. You may be getting signal at the same strength but looks like a better connection on Samsung's UI. Have you looked at actual numbers for the signal?

No it doesn't... It uses 6 steps instead of 4 that most AOSP ROMs use. The real way to tell though is to go into About Device and see what the signal strength is... Bottom line, what is the reason you are wanting AOSP over TouchWiz? If it's not a very good reason then try a couple different TouchWiz ROMs to see if you can find one you like. TouchWiz will always have less bugs than AOSP.

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No it doesn't... It uses 6 steps instead of 4 that most AOSP ROMs use. The real way to tell though is to go into About Device and see what the signal strength is... Bottom line, what is the reason you are wanting AOSP over TouchWiz? If it's not a very good reason then try a couple different TouchWiz ROMs to see if you can find one you like. TouchWiz will always have less bugs than AOSP.

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png
    Moved to Q&A.

Yes I actually get 4g where I live with touchwiz but I have to be in the middle of town to get 4g on aosp so its def a real issue.