[Q] Wiped Internal Storage Including TWRP

Search This thread
Sep 7, 2010
Kindle Fire HD 7 1st gen

The title says it all. I was following this - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2409435

Followed everything it said.
It stated "If not, wipe all above except for your internal storage (/sdcard) and flash the zip file you downloaded earlier then afterwards, wipe your Internal Storage (/sdcard)."

I asked "Just to be completely clear, if I download the zip to my device, I wipe EVERYTHING BUT the internal storage, then I can flash it, and then wipe JUST the internal storage?"

Instead of waiting for an answer, I just did it. As you can imagine, I have a brick now. No TWRP, no recovery mode, just the static orange "Kindle Fire" logo forever. Nothing happens at all when plugging it into my pc, doesn't even recognize any device being plugged in. Called Amazon, and since it's past the one year warranty mark they won't replace it.

So, I guess I just need someone else to tell me that all is completely lost and there is nothing more I can do so I can move on and stop worrying about it and get some sleep.

Last edited:

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
That's completely fixable, you just need a fastboot cable to kick it into fastboot mode so you can reflash it. I recommend the blackhat adapter that hashcode mentions in his twrp + second bootloader tutorial.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

Reactions: luckystrikes23
Sep 7, 2010
That's completely fixable, you just need a fastboot cable to kick it into fastboot mode so you can reflash it. I recommend the blackhat adapter that hashcode mentions in his twrp + second bootloader tutorial.

Cool! Thanks for that. I was under the impression that since my pc didn't think anything was even being plugged in that a fastboot cable wouldn't work. I'll definitely try this out!

Sep 7, 2010

Well, got a fastboot cable. It origionally showed up in device manager as an unknown device "tate-pvt-08", so I installed the kindle hd adb drivers, and now it appears in the device manager as Kindle Fire - Android Composit ADB Interface, but when I use adb devices in the cmd window, it always returns "List of devices attached" followed by a blank line.
Tried adb kill-server, and android update adb, but so far no luck. almost seems like there's no device info left on my kindle. Any clue as to what I can do?

BTW, tried this on 2 pcs, first Windows 8, and then Vista

Sep 7, 2010
adb commands don't work with fastboot mode, only fastboot commands work with fastboot mode. Ex: fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product

That makes sense. Thanks for the help/patience.

Now at least I know what to do. I'm currently following this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1951254&highlight=network+error and at the end of the download, I had a "network error" Currently trying to not scream and destroy things. Trying again from IE instead of chrome, but man <200 KB/sec dl speeds are going to drive me insane.....

If I take anything away from this experience, it's have the right tools, and always make backups.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

adb commands don't work with fastboot mode, only fastboot commands work with fastboot mode. Ex: fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product