[RECOVERY] [APPS] ROM Manager and Clockwork Recovery Image v1.6 3/8/2010

Search This thread

Koush

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2007
Hi everyone, I've written a brand spanking new recovery with a Android application front end!

To install my ROM Manager and recovery, simply download ROM Manager from the Market!

ROM Manager:
screenshot1268046508600-20100308-031048.jpg

ClockworkMod Recovery:
main.png
directory.png

ClockworkMod Recovery is based off the eclair recovery image. Features include Nandroid backup, adb shell, advanced update.zip options (ignore asserts and signature checks), and file browser for choosing update.zips (you can now organize your stuff by directory).

Bug fixes.
File list now scrolls in recovery.
Added hooks for ROM Manager.

Initial public release.

For a manual installation of the recovery, you can download it from my website:
http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/02/clockwork-recovery-image.html

Last edited:

tokyomonster

Feb 20, 2009
Houston
Oohh! I'm liking the idea of being able to store zip's in directories then being able to browse to those directories in the recovery rom to flash them. I can't tell you how many times I've had to boot out of recovery and use Astro to move a zip from my downloads folder when I wasn't near a computer that I could use ADB to do that with.

sstang2006

May 7, 2009
I'll wait for Amon_RA to make the file browser feature. That's the only feature that Amon_RA recovery (cyanogen recovery) is missing to make it MORE perfect.

Lancealot

Dec 27, 2006
Harrisburg, PA
While everyone is putting forth their feature requests, I'd might as well offer my $0.02 ... any chance we could get a feature to boot a custom kernel image or even an option to dual-boot from a zImage ala Debian?

Amdathlonuk

May 10, 2009
Abergavenny
This is very nice.

Just flashed it.
Love how you can folderise everything :)

Going have folders now with Themes,roms and keyboards...etc.

One of the main gripes I have is how much crap my SDcard has that I can't 'file'.... plays havoc with my OCD :D

Mi|enko

Jul 15, 2006
I'd live to see the ability to compress/decompress nandroid backups as well as rename them.

serialtoon

May 25, 2006
Just having the ability to use any update zip from any folder is enough for me to jump on this one. Thanks!!!

T

t4tav

This message was deleted by its author

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts