ICS here: (more to come) (no bugs)

Search This thread

indymx

Jan 17, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I had the same issue, but I figured out there was an extra step I had to take. After hanging at the Galaxy S/Cyanomod screen and rebooting into the cyan colored CWM, I had to UNMOUNT the system first. Once I did that, I followed the rest of the steps & now have CM9.
I kept wondering why I had to mount the system when it was already mounted. :rolleyes:

Once I got back to a usable ROM with GTG's unbrick, I followed the original instructions and it worked..

Who knows why it borked the first time. I think it was due to the fact that I was at work and couldn't get to a PC to fix it. Just how things work for me.

zsdersw

Jan 3, 2012
Milwaukee
See my post with screenshots of APN settings that seem to work for just about everyone in Q&A. Results, obviously, may vary.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24867545#post24867545

I think this will work for me, too... I had a buddy send me a MMS to test it out and up until I entered these settings there was a "Download" button... now it just says "Downloading". It hasn't downloaded yet, though.. so I'm gonna have someone send me another MMS.

Ljdd

Jan 23, 2011
Huntsville
Mines won't download maybe I should try again and has anybody ever tried getting the lte to work I kinda want to try that

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA

Ljdd

Jan 23, 2011
Huntsville
Awesome its working now back to my lovely tasty infuse I can't wait till the camera fixed and tethering **** the BT man

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Mines won't download maybe I should try again and has anybody ever tried getting the lte to work I kinda want to try that

LTE on this device is impossible, we don't have the hardware. If there were ANY way for the XMM6260 radio chipset to support LTE, Samsung wouldn't have put Qualcomm chips in their LTE devices.

goobieracing

Aug 25, 2011
This might help people get a little better battery life. This is how far I could unvolt my phone before it started to reboot itself. If your gonna try this make sure u don't have set on reboot checked until u know this will work on ur phone.
Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334586314829.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334586314829.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 337

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
+1. Idk why there is a lte apn in jts cm9 lol. Knd of useless.

Because CM9 support for LTE devices is in progress.

The APNs list is intended to be a global one for all devices supported by CM9.

Unfortunately things get confusing/hairy when one carrier uses multiple APNs depending on what plan you're on... Even worse on AT&T with the dual-APN bull**** for HSPA+ plans.

rich_jen4ever

Jul 13, 2009
Branson, MO
This might help people get a little better battery life. This is how far I could unvolt my phone before it started to reboot itself. If your gonna try this make sure u don't have set on reboot checked until u know this will work on ur phone.

I've done a lil under volting, how does your setting affect performance? I.E. games etc?

goobieracing

Aug 25, 2011
I've done a lil under volting, how does your setting affect performance? I.E. games etc?

Everything is silky smooth. I don't notice a difference between when its undervolted and when it wasnt. Not that it matters but while undervolt I got a score of around 2500 on quadrant which was consistent of when it wasn't.

ntorresla

Jan 26, 2012
Guayaquil
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
First of all,

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO WORKED ON THIS FOR ALL THEIR EFFORTS!!!

Second of all, here's a

Big middle finger to all the arrogant jerks that said no one should talk about ICS on the Infuse because it was "impossible."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334642787266.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334642787266.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 384

RoryB

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
and how do you go about flashing it... having many issues, complete noob to hiemdall, so a step by step would be greatly appreciated

Heimdall seemed a little much for me at this time so I used Odin.

I copied the tar file into the same folder as odin.
Right click and run odin as an administrator.
Click PDA and select the infuseICSrecovery.tar file and check the box next to PDA if it does not check it for you.
Make sure only other boxes checked are "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time"
Then put your phone in download mode and connect. If The ID COM box shows the phone is connected, click start.

See this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1160580

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    preview

Here's a preview build now that my source tree is mostly sorted out: http://www.mediafire.com/?1nhagihfoqqpkf3

To flash, you must first flash this recovery: http://www.mediafire.com/?2000k5y512spft4

Then boot into recovery, wipe data/cache, go to mounts and storage and format system, then flash the rom. Gapps are here: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip . You'll probably have to mount system manually under mounts and storage before flashing gapps.

I've only tested this using gingerbread bootloaders, no idea if it works using froyo bootloaders. If you don't want to deal with the caveats of gb bootloaders, then well, fix it yourself.

what works:
    radio (calls/sms/data)
    touchscreen
    audio
    wifi
    sensors
    hw acceleration
    software and hardware video decoding
    data usage monitor (for wifi at least)

what doesn't work:
    camera/camcorder
    bluetooth

anything else is either broken or completely untested.
    Fixed since preview build:

external sdcard mounting
    USB mass storage (both internal and external)
    Camera and camcorder (front and rear cameras)

on to bluetooth and gps...then a real release :D
    oh the lulzy memories...

dman3285 said:
    Then you don't know much bruh...

lol

dman3285 said:
    The four devices I built aosp ics for... Not ports... Prove you wrong.. Period... I was building roms since the original.... But there's always some dew who thinks they know it all.... But this I know about.... I have a build for this device.. No kernel because our kernel is so hard to develop for....and when you port ics... What do u use as proprietary files? That's right... Gingerbread files... This is like talking to a wall... You have fun porting...

lol again. build date on my current kernel is March 11. I built it before I had the device in hand ;) and yes, I had fun porting, thanks :)

dman3285 said:
    Nonsense....have you built it... do you even understand what your saying??? I HAVE built it... all that technical mumbo means 0... bottom line...I've done it...3 now 4 other devs have also done it...

thrice the lols...yes, I have built it :) here's a video for all the kiddies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO2EE9ct-Wc&feature=youtube_gdata_player (crappy quality, but you get the gist ;))

herp derp good nite
    Going to start working this weekend on some love for us "typical XDA'ers". I got some learning to do.

Thanks for all who are paving the way.
    So after "brunch infuse4g", what next?

You should have a flashable zip.

Oh... See attached... (specific location censored...)

Got a line on Bluetooth from LB too.