[PRJ] [THEME] [GTX Flavours Released] [2016 Compatible] GTX Sense 1.8.5 Theme [W/VGA]

Search This thread

Dark Ninja

Jun 17, 2009
England

Head to post 3 for GTX Flavours

A New sense project i MIGHT be working on Here! Would love some feedback and suggestions.
Metro (WP7) Sense Theme Cancelled, More info Here

Manila 2016 Core Fixes can be found Here (WIlliam archbell Text, Empty Mail tab, Empty Calendar)

As you all may know already, after the awsome work ElCondor and Kamill put to the theme further development was cancelled. Therefore i'm starting this new thread which will carry on development of GTX and help maintain the theme.

WARNING: Please Backup your device before installing. Also before uninstalling remove all quicklinks etc, these seem to conflict with uninstallation. We will not be responsible for any problems you may have with this theme, but were always there to help.

Just wanna add that please use the search function as most of the issues you face may have already been asked before and may be solved. Also if you wish to look through the attachments of this thread, go to the WM themes section and click the paperclip next to this threads name.
Also, just wanna give out this warning, if you install ANY MOD's which are in form of a cab, it will make GTX uninstallable. So any of you who are having problems uninstalling, reinstall the theme then uninstall.

Remember, Stock Rom = Uncompressed

The GTX theme is originally made by ElCondor & Kamill.. Thanks for all their work they originally put in..

To continue to downloads Look at Post 2

All Addons & Fixes will be placed in Post 3, Check them out! Thanks to dandnj71 for keeping it up. (these will still work, although they may be outdated)

Head to Post 4 for ElCondor's references and help on keeping the theme running. (PSD's, Fonts etc.)

There is obviously a lot of work needed and i dont think anyone would be able to handle it on their own. Therefore we have put together a team for the later releases of the GTX theme.

bgcopy.png

Last edited:
Reactions: kainepaine

Dark Ninja

Jun 17, 2009
England

90710366.png

08/07/2010

- Support for Co0kies Home Tab 1.8.5
- Fixed as much bugs as possible
- Some music widget enhancements
- Smoothened Graphics
- Some others that i cant remember ^.^

02/05/2010

- Support for Co0kies Home Tab 1.7.1
- Fixed Calander crash issue
- Fixed all font colour issues
- Fixed flip clock
- Fixed backgrounds for 6 clocks
- Fixed Layout of clocks
- Added Clock Colon as a seperate image
- Some Graphics enhancements
- Eliminated all known bugs in first version

25f38n7.png

Please do not mirror any of these downloads. The graphics are still ElCondor's and some of our work. Therefore please contact either of us before using them.
If you wish to cook this in your rom, please contact any of us before doing so.

This is the official GTX W.M. 6.5.x Theme. You can choose from 5 different options. The options being no change to the start menu, or A 3 Row, 4 Row, 5 Row, or 6 Row start menu change. With these options the theme will change the start menu wallpaper to the GTX default and will change the text color to black. If you choose to not have any change to your start menu then download the Default Theme.

GTX 1.8.5:

17415879.png

2d0yruv.jpg

GTX Sense 1.7.1:

95539472.png

2d0yruv.jpg

For information on how to install or Addon's please refer to the next post.

I personally wanna give a thanks to:
-Co0kiemonster
-EC & Kamill
-The members of GTX team who returned (Stated in the preview pic)
-The beta testers (In the preview pic also)

-Last and mostly to the guys who helped me get a new device quicker, thanks very much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Ninja

Jun 17, 2009
England
gtxflavourlogo.png

A fantastic mod has been made by janneman22, much thanks to him, to reserect GTX's popularity.

This mod allows you to add a hint of colour to the original GTX. The colours available are:
(Note:Screenshots show different colours, you can choose the colour which suits you best)

gtxflavourssmalllogogre.png
gtxflavourssmalllogored.png
gtxflavourssmalllogotem.png

screen01hh.jpg
screen02pr.jpg
screen03fd.jpg
screen04gk.jpg

screen05kg.jpg
screen06kn.jpg
screen07r.jpg

Download Links will be available tomorrow, just making original version.

originalzq.png

Signature:)

gtxflavourssmallilovelo.png

Last edited:

Dalek_Caan

Aug 19, 2008
Cateret, NJ
picture.php

GTX Theme info

What is GTX? --- GTX is a Manila theme for Sense 2.5. Based on the incredible work of Kamil and El Condor here, and has been reworked to work with the updated Cookies Home tab Mod.

Included in the theme is Co0kieMonster's Home Tab Mod version 1.7.1 .. we Thank Cookie for his outstanding work.
CHT Editor is not included and will need to be installed from here if you want it.
The HQWallpaper Patch is included in the theme installation.
The GTX Theme itself DOES NOT include a WM theme or taskbar.

The recommended Sense version is 2.5.2012. You'll need to flash a ROM with Manila 2.5.2012 to get this latest version.

To Check your Manila Sense version - go to the settings tab in Sense, select About phone , and then look at Software Information.

Theme may NOT be compatible with other Manila Mods.

Install instructions
If You currently use CHT, Backup your settings first , they will be overwritten
Remove any previously installed GTX Mods ( I.E. Compact GTX)

Download the file appropriate for your device, and copy the .cab to device.
Disable sense - this is done through Start- settings- home - items -- uncheck HTC Sense.
Run the Cab file and select install to Device
Perform a soft reset
Restart Sense

picture.php

To install fixes that are in zip format . Download fix file and Unzip. Disable Sense , than move the file/files within the .zip to your device Windows directory using a file tool such as Total commander or Resco explorer NOT WM file explorer. Confirm to overwrite current files ..Soft reset

--Clock Stretched Zeros - here
--Music player previous button - http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=319619&d=1272820454compressed -- http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=319620&d=1272820454uncompressed
--Issues with unresponsive Twitter Tab and Facebook Tab Font color Install this
--If you have problems rearranging your tabs - try this - delete ManilaFull.xml in /windows and soft reset
--Slider showing Dark box over Icons install this
--Sms tab locks up Sense ( Seems to effect Mighty ROms most) - Install original GTX fix - http://www.4shared.com/file/esBhMh61/GTX_Sense_Team_Service_Pack_3.html
--Lockscreen and music freezes device - Check your registry
HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\ Home.lock.SuspendTimeout
The value should be set to 0.

Know Issues
-- If your UI is black/dark - you installed wrong version ( compressed or uncompressed) install the opposite one you already did
-- Calendar Year View numbers not visable
-- Some users seeing white text in start menu when using the 6.5.x theme
-- Some users experiences system lock up while playing music and locking screen
--BG4all cabs may turn some of the text white
picture.php

Here we will have resources for items such as WM themes, taskbars and other add-ons fitting the theme

WM Themes and Taskbars

Taskbars and Themes by DarkNinja here and here
Taskbar by Longice here
Taskbar and theme by Ovi here

Icons

There are no official GTX Icons but many available to go with the theme, use the XDA search (GTX icons is a good starting search)
Clock add-ons/Mods
Clocktopia (androidlike) Font - link
Clock with Boarder - link

Please lets keep the thread clean and keep posts on topic, also before posting issues, problems, questions..read through the thread, and search this and the original here

By downloading, you agree that the members that released this are not responsible for any problems you might get by this theme.
You may not upload the theme to another server. You may also not use the graphics without permission.

Attachments

• music_prevbutton_fix.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 1,698
  • music_prevbutton_fix_uncompressed.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 1,931
Last edited:
Reactions: ai6908

ElCondor

Retired News Writer
Mar 14, 2009
Amsterdam
I'd like to thank everyone here who supported us, especially the guys that have now taken over the project.
It was a great project to work on, it was nice to learn more and more, and working with Kamill was a real pleasure.
I'm glad that there's such an interest in our very first Sense theme, I've never made another Sense theme before this one.
Remember that this is but the beginning of new themes to come. I'm looking forward to skin future interfaces from HTC or from other manufacturers.
Thanks for all your help guys, the pressure was tough, but I'm glad we made the decision to give this project to someone else.

Regards,
EC

Guide for Creating GTX Styled Skins

Here's a little guide for creating GTX skins. Sometimes I see that the GTX style is being modified to fit one's own need, but I think this standard is a must to create the original look.

Let me draw some guidlines:
  1. There are 2 main colors: Dark grey and a gradient from white (up) to light-grey (down).
    Download the PSD attachment package which includes some high res buttons, arrows, checkers, etc.
  2. Make sure that there are no sharp edges, everything needs to be rounded, but not too much.
  3. Boxes, so selector grapics and more, that are white-grey, need to have a 1px stroke which you can see clearly in my graphics in the thread, and an outer glow, which is dark grey.
    Again, you can find the PSD in the attached Zip, from that PSD you can copy the layer style.
  4. Apart from the outer glow mentioned in #3, shadows should be removed from the design.
  5. Absolutely no glow/reflection. I know that it's inviting to do it, because many people think that it looks good, but it will break the design.
  6. There should be more white than grey.
  7. For arrows, use the dotted arrows found in the original design. These arrows can also be found in the PSD attachment.

Use the "Helvetica Neue LT" font for optimal look. It's included in the attachment.

Finally, I would like to ask you this:
----------Search before posting!-----------

Attachments

• Fonts.zip
    195.3 KB · Views: 1,598
Last edited:

Livven

Aug 23, 2009
Wiesbaden
livven.me
Glad to see the work put into this won't be wasted. Keep it up ElCondor, Kamill and Dark Ninja :)!

EDIT: Here is a small possible improvement, with a preview and the PSD. For details see this post.

GTX%20Demonstration.png

Last edited:

amw1972

Sep 11, 2008
right on!!! Can't wait to see where else this theme can go. Kamil and ElCondor came up with a beautiful concept and starting point. Love the "clean" and "pure" white look.

c2b2

Dec 20, 2008
Mumbai
Great! I'm happy that there's a team in place to continue this great work.
Let me know if you need some help with images. Also, I was wondering if this theme can be converted for a QVGA phone for manila 2.0.

zharptitza

Dec 18, 2008
Houston, TX
Awesome. Hopefully NRG will have an updated ROM with this as soon as its available. Thanks for keeping it going. Also thanks to the original developers for being willing to let it keep going.

Popeyes_Rat

Feb 6, 2010
Woop woop!

Not GTXed yet, but plan on trying out the old version, and then keeping an eye on this baby!

.rob!N^

Mar 6, 2010
great work guys!!! :) best theme ever seen...but what about manila 2013 ? ..found nothin about it :(

variance

Dec 3, 2007
Google Pixel 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
If some hosting space/bandwidth is required for more reliable file hosting/updating. for this project I have a idle personal server not doing much at a datacenter.

I've been working on layout for a wiki/blog/cms for my touch pro 2 and tweaks and android development.
always thought that some kind of CMS for rom/theme/UI development would be more effective than something that would be more conducive than having to search through some long threads of the same questions over and over for tweaks and such.

longice

Oct 27, 2007
great work guys!!! :) best theme ever seen...but what about manila 2013 ? ..found nothin about it :(

Some have tried and it worked fine. Just try it out when released and let us know if it works okay.

When it's ready. Stay tuned :)

If some hosting space/bandwidth is required for more reliable file hosting/updating. for this project I have a idle personal server not doing much at a datacenter.

I've been working on layout for a wiki/blog/cms for my touch pro 2 and tweaks and android development.
always thought that some kind of CMS for rom/theme/UI development would be more effective than something that would be more conducive than having to search through some long threads of the same questions over and over for tweaks and such.

Thanks for that, variance, we'll let you know if we'll need it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    gtxflavourlogo.png

A fantastic mod has been made by janneman22, much thanks to him, to reserect GTX's popularity.

This mod allows you to add a hint of colour to the original GTX. The colours available are:
    (Note:Screenshots show different colours, you can choose the colour which suits you best)

gtxflavourssmalllogogre.png
    gtxflavourssmalllogored.png
    gtxflavourssmalllogotem.png

screen01hh.jpg
    screen02pr.jpg
    screen03fd.jpg
    screen04gk.jpg

screen05kg.jpg
    screen06kn.jpg
    screen07r.jpg

Download Links will be available tomorrow, just making original version.

originalzq.png

Signature:)

gtxflavourssmallilovelo.png
    GTX 6.5 And 6.5.x Theme.

This is the official GTX W.M. 6.5.x and 6.5 Theme. You can choose from 5 different options. The options being no change to the start menu, or A 3 Row, 4 Row, 5 Row, or 6 Row start menu change. With these options the theme will change the start menu wallpaper to the GTX default and will change the text color to black. If you choose to not have any change to your start menu then download the Default Theme.

Update: 5/4/2010
    ---Added 6.5 Theme
    ---In collaboration with Livven , we bring you V2 of the GTX 6.5.X Theme.

" You may need to edit the taskbar.png file for 6.5 to better fit your personal taskbar you have."

Screen08-3.jpg
    6.5.x
    vgascreenshot2-1.jpg

Head to post 3 for GTX Flavours

A New sense project i MIGHT be working on Here! Would love some feedback and suggestions.
    Metro (WP7) Sense Theme Cancelled, More info Here

Manila 2016 Core Fixes can be found Here (WIlliam archbell Text, Empty Mail tab, Empty Calendar)

As you all may know already, after the awsome work ElCondor and Kamill put to the theme further development was cancelled. Therefore i'm starting this new thread which will carry on development of GTX and help maintain the theme.

WARNING: Please Backup your device before installing. Also before uninstalling remove all quicklinks etc, these seem to conflict with uninstallation. We will not be responsible for any problems you may have with this theme, but were always there to help.

Just wanna add that please use the search function as most of the issues you face may have already been asked before and may be solved. Also if you wish to look through the attachments of this thread, go to the WM themes section and click the paperclip next to this threads name.
    Also, just wanna give out this warning, if you install ANY MOD's which are in form of a cab, it will make GTX uninstallable. So any of you who are having problems uninstalling, reinstall the theme then uninstall.

Remember, Stock Rom = Uncompressed

The GTX theme is originally made by ElCondor & Kamill.. Thanks for all their work they originally put in..

To continue to downloads Look at Post 2

All Addons & Fixes will be placed in Post 3, Check them out! Thanks to dandnj71 for keeping it up. (these will still work, although they may be outdated)

Head to Post 4 for ElCondor's references and help on keeping the theme running. (PSD's, Fonts etc.)

There is obviously a lot of work needed and i dont think anyone would be able to handle it on their own. Therefore we have put together a team for the later releases of the GTX theme.

bgcopy.png
    picture.php

GTX Theme info

What is GTX? --- GTX is a Manila theme for Sense 2.5. Based on the incredible work of Kamil and El Condor here, and has been reworked to work with the updated Cookies Home tab Mod.

Included in the theme is Co0kieMonster's Home Tab Mod version 1.7.1 .. we Thank Cookie for his outstanding work.
    CHT Editor is not included and will need to be installed from here if you want it.
    The HQWallpaper Patch is included in the theme installation.
    The GTX Theme itself DOES NOT include a WM theme or taskbar.

The recommended Sense version is 2.5.2012. You'll need to flash a ROM with Manila 2.5.2012 to get this latest version.

To Check your Manila Sense version - go to the settings tab in Sense, select About phone , and then look at Software Information.

Theme may NOT be compatible with other Manila Mods.

Install instructions
    If You currently use CHT, Backup your settings first , they will be overwritten
    Remove any previously installed GTX Mods ( I.E. Compact GTX)

Download the file appropriate for your device, and copy the .cab to device.
    Disable sense - this is done through Start- settings- home - items -- uncheck HTC Sense.
    Run the Cab file and select install to Device
    Perform a soft reset
    Restart Sense

picture.php

To install fixes that are in zip format . Download fix file and Unzip. Disable Sense , than move the file/files within the .zip to your device Windows directory using a file tool such as Total commander or Resco explorer NOT WM file explorer. Confirm to overwrite current files ..Soft reset

--Clock Stretched Zeros - here
    --Music player previous button - http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=319619&d=1272820454compressed -- http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=319620&d=1272820454uncompressed
    --Issues with unresponsive Twitter Tab and Facebook Tab Font color Install this
    --If you have problems rearranging your tabs - try this - delete ManilaFull.xml in /windows and soft reset
    --Slider showing Dark box over Icons install this
    --Sms tab locks up Sense ( Seems to effect Mighty ROms most) - Install original GTX fix - http://www.4shared.com/file/esBhMh61/GTX_Sense_Team_Service_Pack_3.html
    --Lockscreen and music freezes device - Check your registry
    HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\ Home.lock.SuspendTimeout
    The value should be set to 0.

Know Issues
    -- If your UI is black/dark - you installed wrong version ( compressed or uncompressed) install the opposite one you already did
    -- Calendar Year View numbers not visable
    -- Some users seeing white text in start menu when using the 6.5.x theme
    -- Some users experiences system lock up while playing music and locking screen
    --BG4all cabs may turn some of the text white
    picture.php

Here we will have resources for items such as WM themes, taskbars and other add-ons fitting the theme

WM Themes and Taskbars

Taskbars and Themes by DarkNinja here and here
    Taskbar by Longice here
    Taskbar and theme by Ovi here

Icons

There are no official GTX Icons but many available to go with the theme, use the XDA search (GTX icons is a good starting search)
    Clock add-ons/Mods
    Clocktopia (androidlike) Font - link
    Clock with Boarder - link

Please lets keep the thread clean and keep posts on topic, also before posting issues, problems, questions..read through the thread, and search this and the original here

By downloading, you agree that the members that released this are not responsible for any problems you might get by this theme.
    You may not upload the theme to another server. You may also not use the graphics without permission.
    Bottom task bar

Where can I find how to install the bottom bar in this theme. Ive been reading for ages. I dont want the top task bar i just need the bottom bar.

Thanks in advance.

This is the theme: Bottom of Page 34 of this thread.