New update for the Venue 8 out tonight.

Search This thread

just lou

Dec 8, 2010
New York
I just received a 40MB update on my Venue 8 tonight. I'm not sure what is new. It's still 4.4.2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

etraud.a

May 24, 2012
Juarez, Chihuahua
Same here, download of 39.2Mb.
Before
ahera6am.jpg

And after the upgrade
uby3y2ud.jpg

I cannot find any diferences so far, maybe some bug fixes.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Reactions: just lou

social-design-concepts

Aug 30, 2012
Cincinnati
CALL FOR 3G Devices Owners

I am still in need of a users with these devices :

Venue 7 3G jb 4.3v1.25
Venue 8 3G jb 4.3v1.23

please if you know of anyone that has them contact me with the ota updates back online i fear that 3G users might miss their shot at root with out capturing the images off the jb4.3 build i wont be able to create root kits i have captured the ota updsates for these two versions above but with out the images i cant create a rootKIT for them so please if your part of other venue forums please spread the word and get these users in touch with me before its too late.

Alcoholic

Aug 27, 2009
Finally got the update from 4.2 to 4.4.2
Was unable to get OTA since they stopped it. They must have fixed the bricking and bugs and resume ota.

zenihilist

Sep 13, 2011
Has the update fixed any bugs? I still have black boxes in webview. Usually followed by the screen going wacky forcing me to long press power to restart.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Alcoholic

Aug 27, 2009
Has the update fixed any bugs? I still have black boxes in webview. Usually followed by the screen going wacky forcing me to long press power to restart.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

This is happening to me too but not in chrome and usually happens when the battery is low.
Black flickering screen then i have to force restart

New Update

I got it apparently overnight and was notified that a new update had arrived but since it was already downloaded I don't know how big it was. I had to reboot to install it and after it restarted it went through the updating apps process and I noticed that it only updated 78 apps. I've only had it for about a month or so but when I first got it I got the OTA update to 4.4.2 and when that installed it updated more than 140 apps.

The only noticeable change I have found is that it installed a new kernel dated June 24 and the software version also showsb the June 24 date. The only other change that I have noticed for certain is that the email app disappeared. I noticed that right away because I have three email accounts other than gmail which I was reading through that app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same here, download of 39.2Mb.
    Before
    ahera6am.jpg

And after the upgrade
    uby3y2ud.jpg

I cannot find any diferences so far, maybe some bug fixes.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk
    Really?! The AOSP and in-app browsers don't fill up with black boxes and then crash for you?

Makes me wonder whether I just need to backup to jelly bean and try updating again.

I've had the tablet since November, and never had a single issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA Premium 4 mobile app