[Q] will running oem unlock when boot loader already unlocked erase all data?

Search This thread

xp99

Aug 28, 2011
I read that unlocking the boot loader will erase all the settings on the phone. But what if I've already unlocked the boot loader and I run it again, will that erase all settings on the phone or is it smart enough to know that it is already unlocked and it doesn't need to do it again?

The reason why I'm asking is that the root for 4.4.3 is out, and the batch file includes unlocking the boot loader. But since mine is already unlocked, shouldn't it know not to do it a second time and simply ignore it? Or will it erase all the settings anyways?

xp99

Aug 28, 2011
Don't use batch files. Do it manually, it's not difficult.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm well aware of reading a batch file and only running the command that roots it. But that didn't answer my question. What happens when you run oem unlock when the boot loader has already been unlocked?

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
I'm well aware of reading a batch file and only running the command that roots it. But that didn't answer my question. What happens when you run oem unlock when the boot loader has already been unlocked?

Nothing probably, but regardless - you don't need to know the answer because you wont be running batch files, because you're already "well aware" so it's a none-issue