[Q] gt-i9300 ROOT on 4.3 with linux ?

Search This thread

pizza_pie

Aug 10, 2014
Is it possible ? Since framaroot and towelroot didn't work and I only have a Linux computer and no Windows avaliable. I couldn't find the solution online and I know there are a lot of skilled people on here . Hope someone can help and hello everyone !

dumpuz

Jun 9, 2010
I've never personally had to use it as I've either used my windows computer or windows running in virtualbox(also another method you could try), but there is JOdin3. It's an opensource java implementation of Odin. So get yourself a root zip and try it out!

pizza_pie

Aug 10, 2014
Thanks a lot ! Could someone write a quick guide for debian linux as I dont wanna brick my phone ?

dumpuz

Jun 9, 2010
There are several guides for windoes which thanks to JOdin3 would work the same, there are also video guides available for JOdin3. Is there anything specific you are unsure about?

Reactions: pizza_pie

pizza_pie

Aug 10, 2014
Ok i downloaded the cf-autoroot zip for s3. So now lets say I flash it . Do I need to install a custom recovery, unlock the bootloader or something else in order to install a custom rom like androod revolution hd ?

dumpuz

Jun 9, 2010
You would have to flash a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM in order to install a custom rom, yes. Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy and forgot to check back in :)

pizza_pie

Aug 10, 2014
UNLOCK BOOTLOADERS

If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device - with the exception of Nexus devices, which will**automatically "OEM unlock" and*wipe your data.

Should I be worried about this?

Source is : http://autoroot.chainfire.eu

Geo_Tech

Mar 25, 2014
Blackbush
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Is it possible ? Since framaroot and towelroot didn't work and I only have a Linux computer and no Windows avaliable. I couldn't find the solution online and I know there are a lot of skilled people on here . Hope someone can help and hello everyone !

Why dont you try to install Wine on your linux PC and then install odin and root your phone! Maybe it works i had linux for a week and via Wine i had my prefered windows apps installed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are several guides for windoes which thanks to JOdin3 would work the same, there are also video guides available for JOdin3. Is there anything specific you are unsure about?
    UNLOCK BOOTLOADERS

If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device - with the exception of Nexus devices, which will**automatically "OEM unlock" and*wipe your data.

Should I be worried about this?

Source is : http://autoroot.chainfire.eu

The Galaxy S3 is unlocked by default so nothing to worry about. :)