slimkat 4.4.3 working (almost) after official 4.3 update

Search This thread

znx

Nov 27, 2010
I was using slimkat 4.4.2 and restored the official samsung rom 4.3 to try a mhl cable. The result as you may know is that I couldn't install any custom rom that wasn't based on samsung's after that.

Searching here in the forums I found some people saying that it was because of a layout change on partitions, others because of knox, or the update in bootloader...

I installed the twrp-2.7.1.0 recovery and tried to install omni rom with pa_gapps, cm11 etc and I always get an error for gapps (couldn't find build.prop or something...). Tried Omega v58 (based on sam) and it worked, then I tried slimkat 4.4.3 weekly and slim_AIO_gapps (advanced wipe, everything but extsd, format data) and it installed everything fine.

It's almost perfect but now I have only a small problem... when I plug the headset the audio is really bad and sometimes I can't hear anything ... I tried another kernel with the same result. Tried slimkat 4.4.2 stable, same.

Does it make any sense to anyone here? any sugestions on how to fix? flash something somewhere maybe :x

and what is the real problem after the 4.3 official update? if slimkat is working maybe we can make other roms work too.

Thank you in advance :)

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Do a full wipe, all your previous issues were due to files left over from other firmware.

On the headset, go back to stock firmware after a full wipe. If still the same then it is hardware.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

znx

Nov 27, 2010
boomboomer said:
Do a full wipe, all your previous issues were due to files left over from other firmware.

I still can't install most roms even with full wipe (gapps error) after the 4.3 official update but I'm happy with slimkat. I think maybe it works because it just copies the gapps files to android without doing other checks, maybe editing the scripts we can "force" the install of other roms too. If anyone have any info, please tell me.

boomboomer said:
On the headset, go back to stock firmware after a full wipe. If still the same then it is hardware.

Oh, I think it was just a series of bad coincidences. Tried the stock firmware and the headset did not work. Seems like my headset broke the same day all that stuff happened, and I tried the one I use on PC but it didn't connect firmly on s3 so the sound was bad too... just tried a new phone headset and it's working fine.. thank you :)