Fastboot is lost to my phone

Search This thread

Sylexision

Jan 26, 2014
Recently I soft-bricked my LG Optimus G (e975) and used KDZ updater to re-install original firmware. after re-rooting the phone with framaroot i can no longer enter fastboot mode on my phone. I typed in the command on adb to reboot into fastboot but the phone's response is to go ahead and trigger a normal reboot. I tried using teh button combinations to get into fastboot to no avail. its as if fastboot has just vanished off my phone.

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
www.itman.philwebsite.com
Recently I soft-bricked my LG Optimus G (e975) and used KDZ updater to re-install original firmware. after re-rooting the phone with framaroot i can no longer enter fastboot mode on my phone. I typed in the command on adb to reboot into fastboot but the phone's response is to go ahead and trigger a normal reboot. I tried using teh button combinations to get into fastboot to no avail. its as if fastboot has just vanished off my phone.

Now that your phone is rooted, install freegee from playstore to unlock your device. Use Freegee to unlock your phone's bootloader, you will be asked in freegee whether to install CWM or TWRP as a recovery. After choosing, it will install the recovery. The recovery has fastboot.

Sylexision

Jan 26, 2014
I wish that worked

Funny thing is i tried FreeGee already and it forces my phone to a playstore app called busybox or something like that. if i press the back button to get back to the app it goes crazy and runs a window telling me "Tried twice to copy utilities and it failed" then my phone reboots. (Screenshot is attatched)

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
www.itman.philwebsite.com
Funny thing is i tried FreeGee already and it forces my phone to a playstore app called busybox or something like that. if i press the back button to get back to the app it goes crazy and runs a window telling me "Tried twice to copy utilities and it failed" then my phone reboots. (Screenshot is attatched)

Just try it again. I got that error before, but after few tries, it worked.

OR

Try to turn off your phone, then press Vol up + power button. This is for fastboot.

Reactions: Sylexision

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
Go to Play Store and install BusyBox. It's pretty much an essential component for a rooted device, anyway. There are several BusyBox installers, I would suggest the one by Stericson. Then try FreeGee again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sylexision

MZO

Jan 5, 2015
I had the problem too. I just rooted with Framaroot, then installed SuperSU, FreeGee & Busybox... Ran busybox and granted permission, once busybox installed then ram freegee, took backup of EFS, installed CWM via MAKO method. And then flashed PHILZTOUCH & am now running CM11

Sent from my LG-E975 powered by my OWN CyanogenMod 11 port

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THANK YOU

Well as obvious as that solution may have seemed i (just as obviously) never thought of it. Thanks for the suggestions and the patience. it worked :laugh:

Just try it again. I got that error before, but after few tries, it worked.

OR

Try to turn off your phone, then press Vol up + power button. This is for fastboot.
    Go to Play Store and install BusyBox. It's pretty much an essential component for a rooted device, anyway. There are several BusyBox installers, I would suggest the one by Stericson. Then try FreeGee again.