Nexus 5 battery life. First full charge

Search This thread

JonM1988

Jan 7, 2012
Derry
So these are my results from 100% down to around 4% today. Just thought I'd stick them up for the people wondering about battery life!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383536386992.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383536386992.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 20,375
  • uploadfromtaptalk1383536403170.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383536403170.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 18,467
Last edited:

showstopper03

Jan 12, 2012
Thanks for posting. Mind to keep it in of the already existing threads on battery life? Not being a jerk. It's just people like me are already following those threads and may miss your post.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: yasir8177

JonM1988

Jan 7, 2012
Derry
Yeah purely stock. I don't root or anything.

Oops sorry I didn't know there was a thread already. Sorry!

JonM1988

Jan 7, 2012
Derry
This the the 'normal' font size.

You can make it smaller too if you wanted.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383538955736.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383538955736.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 7,434

1stx2

Jun 21, 2011
Damn good for a 2300 mah battery. Definitely impressed.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

leomd333

Feb 20, 2013
So these are my results from 100% down to around 4% today. Just thought I'd stick them up for the people wondering about battery life!

Jon, these are pretty sweet results, may i ask, how did you charge it the first time? Did you use it straight out of the box or charge it first?
Edit: or as above says xD

Lancez

Aug 25, 2008
SoCal
For the first time you might want to charge it for at least 6 to 8 hours

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

nasimdejai

Aug 2, 2010
Always charge it fully, never off!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

OK. Will do, cheers. But I'm getting contrasting responses from other threads saying it doesn't matter as the battery is Lithium-ion and that the old type batteries are the ones that really require to be fully charged before use.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Kawaisa

Oct 31, 2011
People really should stop spreading that full initial charge BS seriously, it's 2013!
Unless you buying an electric power drill with a nickel cadmium or nickel metal-hydride battery, there's NO reason to top it off before using it or to charge for 8 hours! You're not prolonging the life of your battery nor are you preventing a memory effect by fully charging it.

Last edited:

Dan1909

Oct 15, 2010
Always charge it fully, never off!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

For the first time you might want to charge it for at least 6 to 8 hours

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

OK. Will do, cheers. But I'm getting contrasting responses from other threads saying it doesn't matter as the battery is Lithium-ion and that the old type batteries are the ones that really require to be fully charged before use.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

People really should stop spreading that full initial charge BS seriously, it's 2013!
Unless you buying a electric power drill with a nickel cadmium or nickel metal-hydride battery, there's NO reason to top it off before using it or to charge for 8 hours! You're not prolonging the life of your battery nor are you preventing a memory effect by fully charging it.

Kawaisa is right!

The battery technology used in these now does NOT need special first charge procedure. Just charge it however you want, and enjoy the phone!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Unless you buying an electric power drill with a nickel cadmium or nickel metal-hydride battery, there's NO reason to top it off before using it or to charge for 8 hours! You're not prolonging the life of your battery nor are you preventing a memory effect by fully charging it.
    Today's results. Google now off auto brightness on. Auto brightness def has effected the battery life but not by too much imo

So far today... Trying it with auto brightness to see if it affects it much.

Good to see a fellow vaper here! Ikenvape stands out because it's the only place that has ever commented about my username on the packing slip, lol. He wrote "Less than Jake rocks!" I kept that packing slip I thought it was so cool.
    Anyway, I'll stop gushing with off topic jibba jabba.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Damn, so cool man! Vaping as we speak :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2