[Q] "Download too large for operator network"

Search This thread

skoop99

Folks,

Is there any way of stopping the KFHDX nannying me?

I have an unlimited data plan, and want to be able to download anything I want WHEN I want.

However when I try to download large files (especially audio books), the KFHDX comes up with the error in the title.

I find this very annoying, and was wondering if there is a way of overriding this settings somewhere?

I've been through all the menu's but I can't find it!

skoop99

Right. After a lot of Google-ing, I found this:

https://android.googlesource.com/pl...afdec0e2229368d3cc20d0/res/values/strings.xml

Can someone who understands this confirm that it is the CARRIER (EE in my case) that specifies the download limit, and not the device?

A string further down mentions the option of having a button present that overrides the restriction, and starts the download anyway. That button is obviously not present on the KFHDX, so I guess Amazon decided that we really don't want to use 4G to download stuff... :-S

What files would need to be tweaked to enable this?

Hanzo.Hasashi

Feb 12, 2011
Minas Tirith
Hey there, it's really annoying and frustrating if so many people see your thread and don't answer! I know, cause I had some threads myself where i didn't get any response. So I am just stepping by to say hello and tell you that I have no idea how to help you :p
From what I understand though,it's an operator thing. What do the officials (your operator and Amazon) say about this?

~Kindlefired~