So Disappointed With The Nexus 10

Search This thread

Gaugerer

Sep 9, 2011
The battery on my Nexus 10 just lasts 2 hours then dies instantly without warning. It also suffers from on average 3 random reboots a day or almost a hundred random reboots a month and the screen has a yellow tinge so that white appears yellow and the brightness changes little from min to max. It is out of warranty so I'm just going to scrap it.

I've owned two other tablets made by Samsung and had no problems with them at all and I'll be returning to Samsung after this bad experience with Google.

Last edited:

h3ck

Oct 7, 2007
Otizzle
I think regardless of Google, the tablet is still made by Samsung. There will be defective units. Mine is as new as day one and doesn't have those issues. It's all relative.

Sent from my HTC M8

Leoisright

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2010
MN
Are you on stock firmware? I get many many hours out of each charge. It was ordered on day 1 of release.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium HD app

Gaugerer

Sep 9, 2011
Are you on stock firmware? I get many many hours out of each charge. It was ordered on day 1 of release.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium HD app

I"ve been on stock firmware from new, but the random reboots and battery problems started immediately after I upgraded to KitKat.

I've just noticed the yellow tinge after I inherited my wife's Nexus 10 after she bought a Galaxy tab S 8.4 and she has had no problems with her Nexus 10 that we bought together on release and I've scrapped mine.

I may have just been unlucky, but so have many others judging by the number of people Googling for help with the same problems.

Last edited:

Androidi747

Jun 25, 2014
That's weird, my N10 usually gets 3 days of battery with 5-6 hours of screen on time.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

swallowingled

Dec 23, 2013
IN
I agree, you may have just gotten a bad one. I bought one for me and one for my mother when they first came out and neither of us has had any trouble with battery life, reboots or the display. Mine is also rooted and I use it for email, web browsing and video and get several days without recharging, but I also switch between the N10, N4 and a PC. She plays lots of games on hers all day long and I think she can make it through the entire day and it's the only device she uses.

voncrane

Jul 22, 2009
Yup, it appears you've got a defective unit, especially if a full wipe and stock flashing doesn't fix it.

too.stoopid

Jul 8, 2014
Sounds really strange. I never had such problems with my N10. With Omnirom I always have about 6 hours of display on times.

cxhb

Jul 31, 2013
I've had two N10s. The first one had the EXACT issues you are describing and I returned it for another. This one lasts for days with roughly 5-6hrs screen on time. (Disclosure: during the workday I have WiFi off)

Warren_Orange

Jun 2, 2011
Check your better stats. Maybe you have a rogue app that is hogging the CPU.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Free mobile app