Gmail crashing

Search This thread

domesdkg

Oct 4, 2010
Tokyo
I had good luck with one of the jelly bean roms listed in rom manager. Keyboard works and everything, so I've never looked back. Don't have it with me atm so I can't tell you the specific build.

Sent from my SC-06D using xda app-developers app

wilkster

Jul 30, 2011
I am finding if I don't launch gmail from the notification bar then it seems to be more stable. Has now been a few days.

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
Actually, I haven't had any Gmail-related issues for a while now - I used to have to reboot every few days because of the OpenGL "out of memory" issue, which would cause Gmail (and some other Google apps) to behave strangely. But, I haven't had any of those issue for a week or so now. Strange...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

domesdkg

Oct 4, 2010
Tokyo
Actually, I haven't had any Gmail-related issues for a while now - I used to have to reboot every few days because of the OpenGL "out of memory" issue, which would cause Gmail (and some other Google apps) to behave strangely. But, I haven't had any of those issue for a week or so now. Strange...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Looks like you're on a tf700 though?

Sent from my SC-06D using xda app-developers app

lysergic

Aug 27, 2008
I do have problems with Gmail....... :( force close a lot.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers app

creed10

Jul 23, 2012
You could try flashing Google apps through recovery...

Sent from my Transformer using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

DjSekret

Nov 9, 2011
Most times apps crash on the transformer cause of apps hogging up the processor and men...try a different client if not

sent accidently from my gangsta ASUS Transformer Tf101

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't have the transitions option under "developer options". I think that the native client is a work around but I just want my tablet to work as it 'should', thank you for the recommendations.

I agree 100% - our tablets should just work! But, for now, workarounds are all we have until Asus fixes some issues with ICS...

Anyway, the options under Developer Options are:

Window Animation Scale
    Transition Animation Scale

If you set them to "Animation Off" it may help (plus, it makes everything seem faster as screens just instantly appear now). Apparently, the underlying issue is really an issue with OpenGL, which these animations use (as well as the Gmail app and other apps).

Again, certainly not a fix, but just some some possible 'workarounds' to help make the device more useful until Asus gets these issues fixed...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2