Camera Tip for Better Quality

Search This thread

TotesMyGoats

Jul 7, 2013
Connersville
For those who aren't very happy with the camera on the Moto G, here is some info I found out earlier today.

16:9 mode is only 3MP
4:3 mode is 5MP

So open up your camera and pull the side settings wheel out and turn off wide screen to take the best pictures possible on these phones and to fully utilize the 5MP that we have.

Of course this won't boost the quality an insane amount, but every bit helps.

Sent from my Moto G XT1028

pjotrek90

Dec 27, 2010
Yeah, but the quality of taken photos still sucks... I'm verry disappointed of image quality. Previously i'd had galaxy advance and it took 100% better photos with 3x more storage used. And there was also 5MP sensor. But... nobody can have everything.
Only videos made by its camera can bed considered as "not so bad", and only if there is good sunlight when you are going to record something.

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: diecast

DrSakethReddy

Sep 24, 2013
Hyderabad
TRY HDR

Yeah, but the quality of taken photos still sucks... I'm verry disappointed of image quality. Previously i'd had galaxy advance and it took 100% better photos with 3x more storage used. And there was also 5MP sensor. But... nobody can have everything.
Only videos made by its camera can bed considered as "not so bad", and only if there is good sunlight when you are going to record something.

Try keeping the HDR mode always on and keeping your hand little steady.
Practice it and you'll be able to take great pics with Moto G's camera.

Also, look into some good Camera apps like :
1. Google Camera (Free) - Touch to Focus, Manual Exposure, HDR , Lens Blur(AWESOME !)
2. Camera Zoom FX (Priced) - A lot more features, including Anti-Banding too !

Happy Moto-Geeing ! :cool:

denzel09

Jun 28, 2009
Teheran

I am agree, unluckly camera is the only bad point on this phone. Yes, some can help to do better photos but honestly i don't see big differences.

Dj MiGz

May 31, 2013
Define "bad" I personally don't thin it's bad. It does great for a 5mp

Sent from my Moto G using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397791525725.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397791525725.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 738
Reactions: TotesMyGoats

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who aren't very happy with the camera on the Moto G, here is some info I found out earlier today.

16:9 mode is only 3MP
    4:3 mode is 5MP

So open up your camera and pull the side settings wheel out and turn off wide screen to take the best pictures possible on these phones and to fully utilize the 5MP that we have.

Of course this won't boost the quality an insane amount, but every bit helps.

Sent from my Moto G XT1028
    Yeah you're right mate.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Define "bad" I personally don't thin it's bad. It does great for a 5mp

Sent from my Moto G using xda app-developers app