Not Charging?

Search This thread

knipp21

May 23, 2010
FT Riley BIG RED ONE
Ok so not sure what to do, mostly due to lack of time and patience..

I let my phone die today and when i plugged it in it had the orange led..i let it sit and it changed to an orange and green flash in the led..

i turned it on and the phone was powering but not holding a charge..

jkbane

Feb 11, 2011
www.Bane-Tech.com
My wifes phones from what it sounds like did the same thing. only the orange led light shows up while plugged in. Took it to the store and they did not have a phone to replace it with, so are ordering a new phone which will not get here till Thursday. The sales rep let my wife borrow her personal spare phone which is a feature phone...They said it wont effect the data plan... i am nervous and dont trust that we will be able to get the data plan back on the new DINC2 when it gets here on Thursday.

This situation sucks...

voxigenboy

Jul 2, 2010
San Diego
I personally have had that weird flashing aswell... although under different circumstances. I was downloading some torrent and saw that the battery was getting low so I plugged it in to my car and about 10min later it started doing that flashing. When I grabbed it the back felt incredibly hot so I disconnected it and turned the phone off. Then I removed the battery and it felt like it was going to burn my hand so I set it down and let it cool off. Afterwards, I put it back in and it was ok again.

nimdae

Feb 19, 2010
Texas
www.beausteward.com
I personally have had that weird flashing aswell... although under different circumstances. I was downloading some torrent and saw that the battery was getting low so I plugged it in to my car and about 10min later it started doing that flashing. When I grabbed it the back felt incredibly hot so I disconnected it and turned the phone off. Then I removed the battery and it felt like it was going to burn my hand so I set it down and let it cool off. Afterwards, I put it back in and it was ok again.

It's possible you were putting some very high demands on the device, and did not lighten the load when you plugged it in, asking it to charge an already warm battery. Then again, something in the battery could have shorted.