Rogue Tools missing from Market?

Search This thread

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
Anyone else notice that the Rogue Tools app has been missing from the Android Market?
Apparently a lot of the apps built for 2.2 are disappearing as well.

I only ever used RT for underclocking for stability reasons, now that it's not available on the Market, I have to stick with whatever I wrote the kernel as.

MaRekRM

Mar 1, 2008
Do not be surprised. Planned Obsolescence of products on each step of live. Now will be time for android 4, galaxy s3 and similar so They must do something to rid of from shops old "new" phones with 2.3 on board:rolleyes:

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
I can understand oscelesence,MS did the same thing with older versions of Windows, but so soon and with so many active devices out there running 2.2 or older is beyond me, unless it's a marketing ploy by device makers to make us buy new devices.

I'm not sure if RT was a device-specific app for Vogue/Polaris/Kaiser users, but if it was I can see why it was removed.

n2rjt

Since it is leap year, I have made the leap forward to a Nexus One (yeah, cutting edge, right?) When I first logged in, it downloaded all of the apps I had used from the market, including RT. But today when I checked after seeing this thread, it was gone.
RT is specific to Kaiser, Vogue, Polaris ROMs since it uses kernel configuration added originally by DZO. We had a developer many months ago who was trying to put in a more standard cpu frequency support, but he must have also moved to a new phone. Anyway, I'm sure I have a copy of the apk somewhere. I don't see it readily at hand, but will upload a link when I find it.

The method used by RogueTools to overclock is basically:
echo "450" > /sys/module/clock_7x00/parameters/a11
The kernel reads this when it wakes up from sleep.

Last edited:

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
I appreciate it Marek...
I did find a few copies among the myriad of builds I have on hand, but after some extensive testing I feel 500MHz is a good medium between stability and speed.

n2, good to see you made the leap...
I have a friend here wanting to sell me a Galaxy S for 50 bucks. Methinks I have a good friend...lol.

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto

Top Liked Posts