[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF - Call for beta testers - All HBOOTS - MT4GS

Search This thread

globatron

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
Please avoid speculating and commenting if at all possible. We will update the first post with progress and/or calls for testers as required. But I will state a couple of things to avoid confusion.

Don't ask for an ETA, we will release when we are happy it is ready (and safe)
Dont ask for the method or code, we will not release that until HTC blocks the exploit.
If it is your intention to donate, do not do so before release.
Don't PM us asking for additional progress/status or information we will keep the threads updated with what information we are willing to release.

Speculation on this helps nobody, not us, and not the MT4GS community.

Correcting misinformation also does not help, it just adds to the problem. Please do not post in this thread unless it is in direct responses to something either Fuses or I have posted.

Reactions: Spidey01

wiswis

Aug 17, 2011
Im a dumbass so tell me whagt this is, is it just another soff method

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using XDA

mrbmg

Nov 14, 2010
Midlothian, TX
No, its a flying spaceship that is going to take you to the motherland. But first you have to be shrunk, because you won't fit through the capsule door provided.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

mrbmg

Nov 14, 2010
Midlothian, TX
Haha.. figures. This community is so dead it's pathetic. Everyone wants everything, but no sacrifice. I feel sorry for the devs that put all their hard work and effort and time into this phone. Wish I had one guys, I was expecting at least a phone or two to show.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Last edited:

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
Guys, don't worry about testing I guess. I have everything setup and I'm buying Blue's mt4gs to test and develop on for 200$. You all damn well better be happy. >.> Throwing 60$ towards the device myself.

That'll be great - it's kinda worked out to keep me away from testing for this because of the work I'm doing on the same topic and they seem like they have this pretty well in hand except for the part about having a device to test on. I didn't want to get exposed to their methods and then basically stab them in the back given their wishes on not making the exploit public until it's patched.

It's one thing for me to post my own work or what's been worked on publicly out in the open, but given the hard work and time this crew has put in to making this happen cross-platform ( mad props btw - you guys are awesome! ) it was really a respect issue that's kept me out of this thread.

I am rather disappointed to see that they put all this effort into something that everyone around here wants but when it came down to it no one showed up to help their project out, especially given that it's like a blind port of a ROM on an exponentially harder level.

I'll see about getting that device in the mail to you, could ship as early as tomorrow if you can get the cash to me and I'll just do without a second device for a bit until I can get my hands on another one - that way you could help them help the rest of us by working through it with them.

It'll take me a few hours to get home, and by the time I get there I won't be able to get it shipped today, but if we can work it out tonight I'll eat the cost of express shipping so we can help these guys out, they've earned at least that much with what they've invested in putting this all together.

I'll shoot you a pm when I get home if you aren't floating around with the details, and we can get this show on the road - progress is exciting and I hate to see it slowed or stalled when something can be done to help it out - let's keep up the momentum and turn it into something grand! :)

Sent from a digital distance.

beezie916

Aug 4, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I would be glad to help just needs to be a little earlier in the day....like 12pm est I can try and be available...if I have to have a linux setup that would take a little time to get wubi installed and drivers downloaded....but if you need someone i can do it tomorrow morning....if you want or can send me a pm on what needs to be set up in advance....or email me adrian.martin916@gmail.com so when I get home tonight I can try and get it all set up.
I think the big reason for the fear is the high risk of bricked phone and just on edge if this was legit or if it would work...if my phone gets bricked I can always call and say my phone died I need a warranty replacement...be 5 bucks for a new phone....

Indirect

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
Yeah blue, I can shoot the cash over tonight and we can omnomnom the bootloaders security. I'll even help with the method you're looking at.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Reactions: servergod

edwardng

Mar 6, 2011
Bukit Mertajam
Willing to help but sadly, im an international(non-US) owner I dont know how to claim back the warranty if my phone bricked.

Hmmm... what should i need to setup? to be a Juopunutbear S-OFF beta tester *sorry for being a noob* :cool:

servergod

Feb 18, 2008
Boise
foshizzlenet.net
s-off success

took a few reboots but got it! thanks to fuses and hyuh for walking me through it.

Glad to help!

scaled.php

servergod

Feb 18, 2008
Boise
foshizzlenet.net
just more info

servergod@ubuntu-bot:~$ fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.45.0013
INFOversion-baseband: 11.16.3504.20_2
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: 0353
INFOversion-main: 0.13.370.0
INFOserialno: HT22HTBXXXXXX
INFOimei: NONONOTFORYOU!
INFOproduct: doubleshot
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8260
INFOmodelid: PG5910000
INFOcidnum: T-MOB010
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 4155mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: off
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: 8ca83b71
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

One last bit of info:
Well guys, this message is actually from Indirect because he wanted to test something and well, it worked. He changed splash using PG59IMG.zip through fastboot which means the device is truly s-off

servergod@ubuntu-bot:~$ fastboot flash zip PG59IMG.zip
sending 'zip' (235 KB)... OKAY
writing 'zip'... INFOzip header checking...
INFOzip info parsing...
INFOchecking model ID...
INFOchecking custom ID...
INFOstart image[sp1] unzipping & flushing...
INFO[RUU]UZ,sp1,0
INFO[RUU]UZ,sp1,100
INFO[RUU]WP,sp1,0
INFO[RUU]WP,sp1,100
OKAY
servergod@ubuntu-bot:~$ fastboot reboot
rebooting...
servergod@ubuntu-bot:~$ adb devices
List of devices attached
HT******** device

Lockdo6307

Jul 7, 2011
Boston
Just got this phone yesterday unlocked bootloader and put cwm on and used sticky to put cm7 on here looking forward to getting s off. I owned a mytouch4g b4 this iching to have a way to get s-off. Looking forward to your work

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

thrice43

Jul 16, 2007
Fort Lauderdale
servergod@ubuntu-bot:~$ fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.45.0013
INFOversion-baseband: 11.16.3504.20_2
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: 0353
INFOversion-main: 0.13.370.0
INFOserialno: HT22HTBXXXXXX
INFOimei: NONONOTFORYOU!
INFOproduct: doubleshot
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8260
INFOmodelid: PG5910000
INFOcidnum: T-MOB010
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 4155mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: off
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: 8ca83b71
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

One last bit of info:
Well guys, this message is actually from Indirect because he wanted to test something and well, it worked. He changed splash using PG59IMG.zip through fastboot which means the device is truly s-off

servergod@ubuntu-bot:~$ fastboot flash zip PG59IMG.zip
sending 'zip' (235 KB)... OKAY
writing 'zip'... INFOzip header checking...
INFOzip info parsing...
INFOchecking model ID...
INFOchecking custom ID...
INFOstart image[sp1] unzipping & flushing...
INFO[RUU]UZ,sp1,0
INFO[RUU]UZ,sp1,100
INFO[RUU]WP,sp1,0
INFO[RUU]WP,sp1,100
OKAY
servergod@ubuntu-bot:~$ fastboot reboot
rebooting...
servergod@ubuntu-bot:~$ adb devices
List of devices attached
HT******** device

Awesome!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    s-off success

took a few reboots but got it! thanks to fuses and hyuh for walking me through it.

Glad to help!

scaled.php
    Guys, don't worry about testing I guess. I have everything setup and I'm buying Blue's mt4gs to test and develop on for 200$. You all damn well better be happy. >.> Throwing 60$ towards the device myself.
    I bricked 2 of mine before they altered the exploit. I did the exact same thing this time but used a wire (you NEED to use a wire or a paperclip with electrical tape. Wire is preferred though, I stripped an ethernet cable since there's like 7 wires in there total. Strip it to copper on both ends just enough to get contact and follow the method) but anyway, I have s-off now and it's beautiful. I also found that you can restore the sdcard after corruption, just create a new partition table and then repartition it. ) Hope this helped.

Proof of sdcard restore:
    jPz9wo1I8BbCU.jpg

Also proof that I'm not turbo-tarded:

2012-04-23
    JuopunutBear needs breakfast. http://unlimited.io
    Clean up done! lets not steer away.. cheers!