Search This thread

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
CyanogenMod 11

Code:
 [COLOR="Red"]* Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.[/COLOR]

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod.

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/toro/next

INSTRUCTIONS:

- First time flashing CM 11 to your Galaxy Nexus (or coming from another ROM)?

1. Do a Nandroid backup!
2. FULL WIPE (Data, cache, and dalvik cache)
3. Install the ROM
4. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM 11

1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Wipe cache and dalvik cache
3. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?

- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred

NIGHTLY BUILDS

Are HIGHLY experimental. Do not post issues to the issue tracker. Chances are the CM team already knows about the issue and are working to fix it. Be patient flash the next nightly. Complaning about battery life or any number of issues will not change a thing as to that these are EXPERIMENTAL builds!!!

M-Series

Something we have learned over the past few months is that if you don’t release, someone else will do it for you. Since we are open-source, we absolutely encourage it! Unfortunately, the quality of unofficial builds can vary, and we are serious about quality. Of course nightlies are always available, but we realized that having something that is a bit more stable on a more frequent basis is important. Starting now, we are rolling out our M-Series releases. M-Series builds will be done at the beginning of every month. We did a soft freeze of the code base for the last week, blocking new features in order to stabilize. Our plan is to continue this (assuming that the response is good) up until stable release, and onward.

We aren't exactly sure what M stands for. “Monthly”, “milestone”, or perhaps “MINE ALL MINE!”. Whatever it is, I hope that we are meeting the needs of community.

M-Series builds will be available under the EXPERIMENTAL tag. The filename will include the date stamp as well as the M version. These builds should be stable enough for daily use, and we encourage feedback and bug reports.

RELEASE CANDIDATE

Everything is believed to be working at the time of release.

THE FOLLOWING ISSUES ARE NOT CM PROBLEMS, AND CAN NOT BE FIXED IN CM:

* Force closes / "boot loops" / bad permissions / etc when using Titanium Backup
* Non-working third-party camera apps that access the camera incorrectly via native code
* Battery usage/bluetooth/wifi/rebooting/etc problems while using a third-party kernel
* Bugs w/ Google apps
* Bugs w/ the recovery image (i.e., turning the screen on when you charge from off)

DOWNLOADS:

CM 11.0 Nightly

http://get.cm/?type=nightly&device=toro

GAPPS:

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

Matt Devo

Jun 17, 2010
Round Rock, TX

GAPPS:

If you can't find these yourself you may want to reconsider flashing anything at all to your phone.

wow, that's pretty dickish. Considering the plethora of different JB gapps packages floating around, many of which have serious issues (ie, calendar sync), wouldn't it just be easier to link to a known working copy than to be snarky about it?

anotherdroid

Aug 20, 2010
Nong Prue
wow, that's pretty dickish. Considering the plethora of different JB gapps packages floating around, many of which have serious issues (ie, calendar sync), wouldn't it just be easier to link to a known working copy than to be snarky about it?

agreed. so... "i'm so cool because i posted a CM10 build that i can barely help the community out any further."

good stuff, xda... good stuff.

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
agreed. so... "i'm so cool because i posted a CM10 build that i can barely help the community out any further."

good stuff, xda... good stuff.

I found this in a simple search

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Latest_Version/Google_Apps

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

Matt Devo

Jun 17, 2010
Round Rock, TX

so put that in the OP instead.

The CM10/JB gapps link on that page is a relatively recent addition (I'd assume coincidental with the official nightlies starting); people who have been flashing the unofficial nightlies (or other ROMs) have not had the benefit of that link, most likely having a direct link from the OP of their ROM's thread, and then come here and get told they shouldn't be flashing if they can't find it themselves. Who does that benefit?

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
so put that in the OP instead.

The CM10/JB gapps link on that page is a relatively recent addition (I'd assume coincidental with the official nightlies starting); people who have been flashing the unofficial nightlies (or other ROMs) have not had the benefit of that link, most likely having a direct link from the OP of their ROM's thread, and then come here and get told they shouldn't be flashing if they can't find it themselves. Who does that benefit?

It teaches people to be self reliant. FYI I got that part from a cm dev

LocoTSX

Feb 1, 2012
Chattanooga
Thanks for doing this mark! And the CM team! Quick question; if coming from vicious cm10, I can just wipe cache/dalvik and be fine, correct? Thanks again.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Reactions: mark manning

greyhd

Apr 27, 2012
Flashing this now with 726 gapps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

veloslave

Jun 19, 2008

Yeah... seriously, you are so right.

I asked the dude to come over to my place and install it for me in a PM and he said "sorry, no"

What an a hole, a real ****, I mean he has done this much work... why not just go a step further right?

Damn, I even told him I would buy a sixer of coors lite.... WTF???

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
Yeah... seriously, you are so right.

I asked the dude to come over to my place and install it for me in a PM and he said "sorry, no"

What an a hole, a real ****, I mean he has done this much work... why not just go a step further right?

Damn, I even told him I would buy a sixer of coors lite.... WTF???

Edit: lol didn't realize veoslave was joking

Last edited:

erodriguez87

Dec 21, 2010
Anyone having issues with the speaker? Can't play music or calls through it. Headphones/bluetooth work fine.

Running like butter besides that...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11

Code:
     [COLOR="Red"]* Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.[/COLOR]

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod.

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/toro/next

INSTRUCTIONS:

- First time flashing CM 11 to your Galaxy Nexus (or coming from another ROM)?

1. Do a Nandroid backup!
    2. FULL WIPE (Data, cache, and dalvik cache)
    3. Install the ROM
    4. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM 11

1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    3. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?

- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred

NIGHTLY BUILDS

Are HIGHLY experimental. Do not post issues to the issue tracker. Chances are the CM team already knows about the issue and are working to fix it. Be patient flash the next nightly. Complaning about battery life or any number of issues will not change a thing as to that these are EXPERIMENTAL builds!!!

M-Series

Something we have learned over the past few months is that if you don’t release, someone else will do it for you. Since we are open-source, we absolutely encourage it! Unfortunately, the quality of unofficial builds can vary, and we are serious about quality. Of course nightlies are always available, but we realized that having something that is a bit more stable on a more frequent basis is important. Starting now, we are rolling out our M-Series releases. M-Series builds will be done at the beginning of every month. We did a soft freeze of the code base for the last week, blocking new features in order to stabilize. Our plan is to continue this (assuming that the response is good) up until stable release, and onward.

We aren't exactly sure what M stands for. “Monthly”, “milestone”, or perhaps “MINE ALL MINE!”. Whatever it is, I hope that we are meeting the needs of community.

M-Series builds will be available under the EXPERIMENTAL tag. The filename will include the date stamp as well as the M version. These builds should be stable enough for daily use, and we encourage feedback and bug reports.

RELEASE CANDIDATE

Everything is believed to be working at the time of release.

THE FOLLOWING ISSUES ARE NOT CM PROBLEMS, AND CAN NOT BE FIXED IN CM:

* Force closes / "boot loops" / bad permissions / etc when using Titanium Backup
    * Non-working third-party camera apps that access the camera incorrectly via native code
    * Battery usage/bluetooth/wifi/rebooting/etc problems while using a third-party kernel
    * Bugs w/ Google apps
    * Bugs w/ the recovery image (i.e., turning the screen on when you charge from off)

DOWNLOADS:

CM 11.0 Nightly

http://get.cm/?type=nightly&device=toro

GAPPS:

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    I spoke with our maintainer late yesterday and he's looking into it. These are nightlies, you have to expect things not to work at times. We're fortunate that our maintainer is more responsive than some others I've seen in the past.

Just a quick update. It's definitely an issue with telephony and it looks like its related to this commit: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/48680/

I also noticed d2vzw is experiencing data switching issues which have been reported on toro as well. They're asking for a revert of the above commit here: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/48873/

I passed all this along to our maintainer. He's going to confirm that this fixes all the issues and then push a revert or fix, whichever is most appropriate.

GAPPS:

If you can't find these yourself you may want to reconsider flashing anything at all to your phone.

See, this is why the CM dev team can sometimes suck. Do we ants on a hill here in toroland have any idea that the CM devs even know we have an issue, and we've even helped them by figuring out what it is, and it hasn't been fixed in the week since they broke it? :mad:

I spoke with our maintainer late yesterday and he's looking into it. These are nightlies, you have to expect things not to work at times. We're fortunate that our maintainer is more responsive than some others I've seen in the past.
    Don't kill me, just asking-

What's the fuss on MMS? I think I have sent 3 in 3 years. Everyone has a smartphone nowadays so emailing a photo works just as well, without carrier fees.

Can't get nudes if we can't dl the message, duh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4