[MOD] AOSP JellyBean Carrier Name Change

Search This thread

natethegreat86

Sep 17, 2012
For those of you who are using cm10 builds and are tired of seeing Verizon Wireless on your lockscreen and notification pulldown this will allow you to remove or change it to something else. I take no credit for this all credit goes to spunks3 for making the post over in the nexus forums, I just tried his method and it happened to work on our phone, also belair56 for the original find as well as dakota0206 for his post on the thread giving the correct eri.xml.

PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR PHONE, MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY MODS SUCH AS THIS!

1) Download eri.xml onto your desktop or some folder you will remember where it has been placed.
2) Open "eri.xml" with something such as NotePad or WordPad and edit everywhere you see "Whatever you want or delete this and nothing will show up". You can simply change the text or delete the text between the quotations and nothing will show up.
3) Save "eri.xml" and copy it to the root of your SD Card.
4) Open Root Explorer or an app similar, copy "eri.xml" from your SD card to "/data" directory. Please make sure you are not placing it in /sdcard/data
5) Also make sure that eri.xml has the same permissions as in the thumbnail below.
6) Reboot, and Enjoy!

eri.xml here http://www.mediafire.com/?x0x8kqyapnws4sc

Confirmed working on paranoid android version 2.13

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-09-21-04-35-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-21-04-35-25.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 3,206
  • 20120921042027.jpg
    20120921042027.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 3,266
  • Screenshot_2012-09-22-01-36-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-22-01-36-53.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 3,450
Last edited:

natethegreat86

Sep 17, 2012
Glad you got it working :D and actually I just pulled the images from an old copy of my systemui.apk when I had syngergy rom. Just modded my current systemui.apk, swapped out the images and edited the appropriate xmls.

Reactions: aznguyen316

natethegreat86

Sep 17, 2012
Just tried on Paranoid 2.13 and it didnt work for me

It shouldn't really make any difference but what kernel are you using and did you follow the directions exactly? Also make sure you are putting eri.xml in /data and not in /sdcard/data also make sure eri.xml has the following permissions in the picture below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-09-22-01-36-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-22-01-36-53.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1,448
Last edited:

Hanoverfiste

Jan 17, 2009
Navarre
It shouldn't really make any difference but what kernel are you using and did you follow the directions exactly? Also make sure you are putting eri.xml in /data and not in /sdcard/data also make sure eri.xml has the following permissions in the picture below.

Thanks I didnt have it in /data had it in /sdcard/data. and look what happens when you put things where they are supposed to go they actually work

Reactions: natethegreat86

natethegreat86

Sep 17, 2012
It wasn't working for me either until I changed the permissions to above. Do any of the other comments in that file do anything? Kinda weird that it isn't there in the first place. Thanks, op.

Its just how the original xml was it doesn't do anything in fact if you really wanted to you could delete all the text above this first line

<EriFile VersionNumber="1357" NumberOfEriEntries="19" EriFileType="1">

And glad the permissions fixed it for you :D

Reactions: aznguyen316

jonesj8

Aug 9, 2007
Anyone wanna make a flashable zip for just Verizon Wireless. That would be awesome ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those of you who are using cm10 builds and are tired of seeing Verizon Wireless on your lockscreen and notification pulldown this will allow you to remove or change it to something else. I take no credit for this all credit goes to spunks3 for making the post over in the nexus forums, I just tried his method and it happened to work on our phone, also belair56 for the original find as well as dakota0206 for his post on the thread giving the correct eri.xml.

PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR PHONE, MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY MODS SUCH AS THIS!

1) Download eri.xml onto your desktop or some folder you will remember where it has been placed.
    2) Open "eri.xml" with something such as NotePad or WordPad and edit everywhere you see "Whatever you want or delete this and nothing will show up". You can simply change the text or delete the text between the quotations and nothing will show up.
    3) Save "eri.xml" and copy it to the root of your SD Card.
    4) Open Root Explorer or an app similar, copy "eri.xml" from your SD card to "/data" directory. Please make sure you are not placing it in /sdcard/data
    5) Also make sure that eri.xml has the same permissions as in the thumbnail below.
    6) Reboot, and Enjoy!

eri.xml here http://www.mediafire.com/?x0x8kqyapnws4sc

Confirmed working on paranoid android version 2.13

Glad you got it working :D and actually I just pulled the images from an old copy of my systemui.apk when I had syngergy rom. Just modded my current systemui.apk, swapped out the images and edited the appropriate xmls.

It wasn't working for me either until I changed the permissions to above. Do any of the other comments in that file do anything? Kinda weird that it isn't there in the first place. Thanks, op.

Thanks I didnt have it in /data had it in /sdcard/data. and look what happens when you put things where they are supposed to go they actually work