[Q] Stay on indefinitely

Search This thread

hughey85

Jun 10, 2014
I bought a tabpro 12.2 to use in my office. It will be used for patients to register for events through our office website. The main problem I am running into is that the max amount of time before the tab shuts off is 30 minutes.

Problem 1: I need it to stay on indefinitely without going to black screen

Problem 2: Would like to know if you are able to use a customized screen saver. Such as a screen with a picture saying "Register Here" and then when they swipe it opens up to the page I want.

I tried searching the forum and online but can't find anything that is helpful. Sorry, I am a newbie at this so if I left out any information or if you need clarification please let me know.

I very much appreciate any help you can give!

laestrella

May 16, 2007
For problem 1. Are you rooted? You could try Tasker and secure settings. That might do what you want.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

k8108

Jun 27, 2010
There is an app called Wakey in the app store that will let you keep the screen on indefinitely. Install, Open, touch the light bulb. The screen stays on after you leave the app as long as you want. A notification in your status bar will remind you is in so you can go back and turn it off

TheAvatar

Aug 30, 2007
Canberra
You can tell the tablet not to sleep while charging by going to the developer options in settings. This menu is usually hidden by default so to enable it go to settings - about tablet and tapping on the build number 7 times. It should then have a message that developer options are enabled, you should see the developer options just above the about tablet in the list. There is an option in there to keep the tablet awake when charging

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk