LCD Digitizer Repair Fail

Search This thread

neverwinter

Oct 4, 2007
I just replaced the digitizer and most of the housing for my 4G AT&T Xperia Play. It successfully turned on and charges, but the screen doesn't respond to my swiping or tapping. It does change orientation when the game pad is pulled out and the game pad does work since I can use it to navigate the menu when I press and hold the power button. Does anyone know what I messed up? And is there a ROM that allows the use of the game pad for all operations if I can never get the screen digitizer to work?

So now I can charge it and turn it on, but I can't swipe to open get past the lock screen...

Last edited:

scottmog

Jun 6, 2007
Besides not having the ribbon cables plugged in no I dont have any ideas. I replaced my screen once and it worked fine.

scottmog

Jun 6, 2007
Thanks a lot for your reply. Maybe it is because I used super glue as an adhesive to glue the glass on?

I would not assume the super glue has anything to do with it unless you caked it on. Funny thing though, as soon as I did my old swap I realized how much worse the Chinese lcd was from the oem Sony screen. Weird ghosting and shadowing when moving in side scrolling games. Sold the Xperia and bought another one on Craigslist.