Will you sell your nexus for the gs3

Search This thread

NIK516

Mar 4, 2010
I am fortunate enough to have my contract up in may so I can get an upgrade and I will to the gs3 .will any one else be selling there gn for the gs3 when it comes out ?

And I know I have not seen it yet but I can bet that the camera and speaker will be better and the rest will be the same .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

gabster21

Sep 7, 2010
Dubai
Probably.. One of the reasons I got the GNex (aside from the gorgeous screen) was because it would be "first in line" for updates. So far 4.0.4 is out and still no official update is available and I'd be stuck on 4.0.1 if I hadn't rooted and updated to 4.0.2 manually. Google not commenting on the issue doesn't help either.

beeboss

Nov 29, 2011
Moscow
I got a feeling that hardware in gs3 will be very tempting for us but don't forget no pure ics and no up to time updates comparing to nexus. As a former user of gs2 and now a nexus rider I must say that I will stick to nexus line even it has less power inside because software development is better for gnex and it is priority for me :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

zeekiz

May 9, 2011
Western Australia
I'm pretty happy with my nexus, don't see any reason to unreasonably upgrade, also the galaxy s 3 hasn't been announced, how can you be sure its going to be that great (I know it probably will but still?).

Plus its just another device for people to cry about that its not getting the latest update quick enough -_-".

Reactions: axne1

j.go

Nov 18, 2010
I got a feeling that hardware in gs3 will be very tempting for us but don't forget no pure ics and no up to time updates comparing to nexus. As a former user of gs2 and now a nexus rider I must say that I will stick to nexus line even it has less power inside because software development is better for gnex and it is priority for me :)

Agree with you there. And if touchwiz on GS3 is in any way like the leaked ICS for the GS2, I think I'll pass. Besides nexus hardware is more than enough for my smartphone needs, i.e., mostly internet, not much gaming.

biffsmash

Nov 19, 2007
Doubt i'll sell my nexus as I never sell old phones, but I will probably get a GS3 at some point, as it should blow Nexus off the planet.

As for software updates, GS2 gave more updates, at a much faster rate than Nexus, so GS3 should be much much better for updates.

Nexus has Android 4. but I doubt it will get 5, and the speed of the incremental android 4 updates is a joke.. 1 update since I got my phone.. GS2 had updates all the time! I'd rather get incremental updates within Android 4 timely with an SGS3 than waiting an eternity for any update on Nexus.

Nah sod the notion of speedy updates on nexus devices, they don't exist.

I'd take Touchwiz and a fast Galaxy phone over the slow and laggy Nexus any day. GS3 will hopefully have equal screen than nexus, which is the nexus's only real selling point.

It'll be nice to have a phone with a HD screen which you won't have to hear all the excuses that it is so slow because it has so many more pixels to push blah blah blah.

Last edited:

azlan96

Sep 7, 2010
Ampang
I wont, cause I have a 2 years contract for my GNex, and my parents wont probably buy me it, just gonna use my Gnex till it fails

reuthermonkey

Mar 2, 2009
St. Louis
Probably not. But if I do, it'll only happen if the international GS3 supports HSPA+ on both the AWS and PCS bands.

I'm never getting a carrier subsidized phone again, and my next phone will have to support both bands so I can switch between both networks as I see fit.

LuffyPSP

Aug 1, 2010
angry-no.jpg

cuz i had enough with sgs2. i dont mind touchwiz cuz i can install cm9 or any aosp but samsung sucks when sharing their sources. htc does it better.

and i can see where sgs2 is heading when Jelly Bean is out. its gotta be like sgs1 for ics in this case. I'm sure Gnex will receive JB just like Nexus S receive ICS.

Rouz.

Jun 1, 2010
XDA
htc One X .... Perhaps
GS3 .... No way

but this is just me ... nothing wrong with GS3

rasinell

Sep 8, 2011
Nope. Not a chance. Had gs2 before the gnex n while it was a great phone it, like the nexus, was not perfect. Doing anything for more than 15min made it really hot, it took 3hrs to charge, the home button was clunky, while i actually liked touch wiz the icons were cartoony and colour was massivley over saturated. Basically my feelings on it were; whilst there is no doubt it was a power house of a device it was too powerfull for itself hence the heat and massive battery drain and stupidly long charge time... try using navigation whilst charging.... toasty :) my point being the supposed specs for gs3 sound cool but find it hard to believe it wont result in the same problems.
The nexus may have a hint of lag at times.. that is unavoidable because of the way android is written... my stock gs2 did at times too.
While the nexus if also far from perfect im with matey above... nexus line all the way for me now. As for updates... ffs. Gs2 has had a couple of pointless updates that havent changed, improved anything. Yep waiting is annoying and i cirtainly want an update that stops the random reboots, id rather wait for this than have an update that fixes this but adds new bugs.
Enjoy what u have, unless you have endless cash to upgrade every 2-3 months youll never be happy.
/rant over :)

D

Deleted member 2842059

Hardware wise if it walks my dog and makes my breakfast, then yes. Otherwise TW will be barfed onto it, I'll pass.

haydonxda

Jul 20, 2010
No, and it's all to do with Samsung. I'm done with them for quite a while.

With the GS3 I don't expect to see manufacturer promised accessories unless the phone is a huge hit. And design mistakes like not being able to completely power the phone while running in the car dock made it an accessory not worth having.

Prior experience with the GS showed that they were unwilling to do anything about a serious hardware defect.

All in all I'm tired of being pooped on regardless of how cool their new device appears to be.

They wore me out. I'll wait to see what the new Google/Motorola relationship produces.

MS.

Aug 7, 2011
No, most likely i'll stick with GNex as previously i've had very bad experience with SGS2 phones. Better i'll wait till next Nexus phone comes out. And lastly - my GNex still feels like new, i gotta use it a bit more :)

wendellc

Oct 10, 2009
probably not, but will definitely purchase a gs3 to play with. Anyways, normally give my phones to family and this Nexus will probably go to my sister.

droweed

Nov 15, 2010
well you probably learned something by now.
coming from a, 1st droid>blade>sgs>sgn.. you should know by now that only the nexus line gets updates and more support from the community.. even the orig nexus successfully ran ics

I'm never ever gonna beg for updates from the manufacturer again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is probably coming off as much more of a rant than intended, but oh well.

First off, TouchWiz is not a launcher, it's a framework. There's a difference. Second off, this device has the camera, and the setup, that it has to allow for zero lag. I'd rather have zero lag.

That said:

Some of you guys are WAY to hung up on spec sheets. A Nexus is a reference device. Christ, I don't understand why this concept is difficult to grasp. It's not suppose to be about ground breaking hardware. It's a development platform. You don't buy a Nexus because it's a hardware benchmark, you buy it for development and to be first in line for updates. Part of being first in line for updates means dealing with bugs. Congratulations, as Nexus owner's, we are all Beta testers, and I'll beta test for Google any day of the week. The Gnex hit Verizon on December 15th. It's March 13th. It's be 3 months and people are whining about updates? You guys have got to be kidding me. I mean seriously. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. Since I've owned my GNex I've gotten 1 official OTA update and I've gotten to play with 4.0.3 and 4.0.4, which I'm currently on. I do not expect an update every freaking month. Where the hell does this idea come from that updates are coming "slow" on this device? It's utter hogwash. In almost 2 years with my Vibrant, I got one official update from Eclair to Froyo and it wasn't that great of an improvement.

Some of you guys have lunatic caliber brains when it comes to mobile devices. I'm more than willing and happy to play with whatever version of Android that Google decides to roll out. However, I do NOT want it OTA if it isn't ready for the masses. Just because there is an XXXXXX version of Android Binaries released, it doesn't mean that it's an "update" that is being held back. For the love of God, please RTFM or just go back to playing WOW all afternoon. If you're pouting because it's been 3 months and you've only gotten 1 update then I seriously suggest a reevaluation of life priorities and learning to not cry a river over 1st World Problems.

I remember when the SGS came out. It was suppose to be ground breaking hardware. Samsung's new uber amazing processor was gonna be a "game changer". What happened? It was dog slow. Was it TouchWiz's fault? No, not really. My mother has my Vibrant rocking TouchWiz on top of ext4. It's blazing fast. Don't blame TouchWiz, blame the implementation of the RFS file system. It made zero sense and it destroyed the device's experience in many ways. Coming from a Blackberry, I was quite pleased with my stock SGS. As I got more and more into the community I learned how lacking it really was. And to be fair to Samsung, the new TouchWiz is actually pretty nice for the "average" user. It's not my preference and I wouldn't want it in a million years, but I can be objective about it.

Hardware specs mean very little. What could a 1Ghz Quad Core run right now that a Gnex can't? What can an SGSII run right now that a GNex can't? What can a Rezound run right now that a GNex can't? There's nothing. Zip, zero, ziltch, and there never will be. If I'm an app developer, I'm not interested in developing a game or app that only runs on a handful of devices that have 4 cores. It's not profitable, and if the OS doesn't provide groundwork to use that hardware in the first place then it's doubly pointless. It's kind of like how PC gamers sit around wanting bigger, greater games watching while Playstation's and Xbox's hold everything back. It's also kind of like living in a trailer park and leasing a new Corvette to show off how much money you have - completely and utterly moronic. It is what it is. It's like whining because the earth rotates on it's axis. Get over it.

When the SGSIII (or whatever Samsung calls it) comes out, it'll probably be a great device. A lot of devices rolling out will probably be great devices. I think stuff like Tegra 3 is super cool. At the same time, none of them will get updates before the Gnex. You will NOT see an OTA update to a new Android version in the first 3 months, nor will you see two additional leaks in that timeframe to go with it.

There is nothing wrong with a device that has modified framework, if that's what you like. But the notion that Quad Core is gonna make ICS/JB/KrispyKreme/blah blah blah blazing fast and soooo much better than the GNex is complete nonsense diarrhea of keyboard fingers. ICS does not need 4 Cores to run as fast as it was designed to run. The next iteration of Android won't either. It's wasted hardware that the core of Android can't even use. It's the false notion that you can "future proof" yourself. You can't. Every device has a limited development life before manufacturer's abandon it and developers (and the majority of users) move on to the next greatest thing. What we will most likely see are Quad Cores pushing all of the framework bloat, widgets and other custom stuff that manufacturers choose to include in their devices. If that's your cup of tea, then great! But don't act like it means that the GNex and Google is somehow lacking.

The Nexus exists to provide a platform that allows for further Android development, and that's exactly what it does. If you bought it expecting anything else then it's your own fault for not educating yourself before hand.

/pseudo rant
    well you probably learned something by now.
    coming from a, 1st droid>blade>sgs>sgn.. you should know by now that only the nexus line gets updates and more support from the community.. even the orig nexus successfully ran ics

I'm never ever gonna beg for updates from the manufacturer again

Doubt i'll sell my nexus as I never sell old phones, but I will probably get a GS3 at some point, as it should blow Nexus off the planet.

As for software updates, GS2 gave more updates, at a much faster rate than Nexus, so GS3 should be much much better for updates.

Nexus has Android 4. but I doubt it will get 5, and the speed of the incremental android 4 updates is a joke.. 1 update since I got my phone.. GS2 had updates all the time! I'd rather get incremental updates within Android 4 timely with an SGS3 than waiting an eternity for any update on Nexus.

Nah sod the notion of speedy updates on nexus devices, they don't exist.

I'd take Touchwiz and a fast Galaxy phone over the slow and laggy Nexus any day. GS3 will hopefully have equal screen than nexus, which is the nexus's only real selling point.

It'll be nice to have a phone with a HD screen which you won't have to hear all the excuses that it is so slow because it has so many more pixels to push blah blah blah.
    Probably.

10chars
    Nice to see so many comments. Don't understand all this hate about touchwiz? I personally just has a custom launcher installed .
    And honestly its only now that most apps are becoming available for ics so I feel like it just is not important anymore to have the latest software.
    If gs3 is running a stable version of ics I'll be happy, also very upset about the speaker quality.
    I do hope the gs3 charges as fast as the gn and has a similar form. Love the look and feel of my gun. But they say the gs3 will have ceramics so this should feel great.