[Q] Taking Screenhots

Search This thread

Roeni

Jan 26, 2011
mhh ok... my glide seems to recognize this home+power shortcut but it throws me an error:
The application com.sec.android.app.screencapture has stopped unexpectedly

:-/

Apr 30, 2010
SC
Sorry for your trouble. I've soft-bricked my phone several times tooling with apps I shouldn't have and such, and I am rooted on the Craniam OC Kernel and the stock rooted ROM, but I've never had issues with screen capture working. I don't know how extensive your mods are, but is it possible some app manager is freezing some component of the system that screen capture needs? Shot in the dark but I hope you get answers.

gabby131

Sep 20, 2010
Winnipeg, MB Canada
mhh ok... my glide seems to recognize this home+power shortcut but it throws me an error:

if you have OsiMood or INC3PTION, you wont be able to use the HOME + POWER for screenshots for it is considered to be a bloatware so removed....you can search the Glide forums for the screenshot.apk found in stock ROM.

Errrr....just take the attached file and put it in /system/app

Attachments

• ScreenCaptureService.apk
    23.7 KB · Views: 68

kanagadeepan

Jul 27, 2011
Sivakasi
^^^^^
Thanks and any precautions like say giving permissions while placing in that folder??? Thanks again...

UPDATE:-
Done and is working perfectly... Thanks... Just use the "mount RW" option when copying that attached file to /system/app folder... No need to change the permissions.... Thanks a lot again...

Last edited:

gabby131

Sep 20, 2010
Winnipeg, MB Canada
^^^^^
Thanks and any precautions like say giving permissions while placing in that folder??? Thanks again...

UPDATE:-
Done and is working perfectly... Thanks... Just use the "mount RW" option when copying that attached file to /system/app folder... No need to change the permissions.... Thanks a lot again...

Oh yeah sorry, forgot to metion that you need system to be writable (RW). About permissions, just give it full (rwxrwxrwx), Android will change and give it the right permissions after a reboot....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using xda premium

Lisali

Dec 29, 2010
if you have OsiMood or INC3PTION, you wont be able to use the HOME + POWER for screenshots for it is considered to be a bloatware so removed....you can search the Glide forums for the screenshot.apk found in stock ROM.

Hi there - I am on OsiMood and have replaced the existing file with the attached one - but it's still not working for me. I get the "...has stopped unexpectedly".

What to do? :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

dudejb

Feb 16, 2007
Montreal
Hi there - I am on OsiMood and had replaced the existing file with the attached one - but it's still not working for me. I get the "...has stopped unexpectedly".

You can try screenshot er demo I believe out comes in the newest osimood. Or check the app store

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Lisali

Lisali

Dec 29, 2010
You can try screenshot er demo I believe out comes in the newest osimood. Or check the app store

Hi - thanks for your response, but I'd really just like the stock screenshot app; it worked just fine and is free. Why can't I use it?

Thanks! :good:

dudejb

Feb 16, 2007
Montreal
Hi - thanks for your response, but I'd really just like the stock screenshot app; it worked just fine and is free. Why can't I use it?

Thanks! :good:

Sorry don't know was just recommending an alternative that works for me. Also I like that it is not always running in the background and only launch it when I need it, unlike the stock one that is always running.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi there - I am on OsiMood and had replaced the existing file with the attached one - but it's still not working for me. I get the "...has stopped unexpectedly".