Fascinate Recovery issues

Search This thread

garcial17

Sep 8, 2013
Ive been wanting to put clockwork mod recovery and put cyanogenmod 10.1 for my fascinate, but the issue is i cant download any recoveries using the apps; Rom manager , Goomanager, and Rom installer. Does anyone know why? Could anyone link me so i can put CWM 4 and the cm10.1 zip for me? wanted this rom for so long now i can have it on an old device. Id appreciate it very much.

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
Ive been wanting to put clockwork mod recovery and put cyanogenmod 10.1 for my fascinate, but the issue is i cant download any recoveries using the apps; Rom manager , Goomanager, and Rom installer. Does anyone know why? Could anyone link me so i can put CWM 4 and the cm10.1 zip for me? wanted this rom for so long now i can have it on an old device. Id appreciate it very much.

all of those have old recoveries that don't work that well anymore... also cm10.1 is a bit old, you may want to try CM11...

also you have to use Odin to get the proper ClockWorkMod on your phone to use cm10.1. odin is a computer program (windows only i think)
you could use heimdall too but i don't use that..

garcial17

Sep 8, 2013
all of those have old recoveries that don't work that well anymore... also cm10.1 is a bit old, you may want to try CM11...

also you have to use Odin to get the proper ClockWorkMod on your phone to use cm10.1. odin is a computer program (windows only i think)
you could use heimdall too but i don't use that..

honestly my windows computer is having major issues and doesnt want to turn on, and i looked at heimdall, but it has like 10 individual steps within the installation. I was considering cm 11, and i thought with the fasciante you can just apply update from the sd, then choose the .zip file where clockwork mod is in.
Mabye thats too old.
Any tutorials or links people or you kind sir can point me in the right direction? Ive literally looked everywhere but all are from 2011 and are outdated.

hhp_211

May 15, 2008
in the general section droidstyle guide
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php... Rom/CWM recovery/Root or going back to Stock

Section 4

If you are not rooted or already have a custom ROM on your phone, you will need to use odin or heimdal.

SupraLance

Nov 12, 2010
Stone County, Missouri
i looked at heimdall, but it has like 10 individual steps within the installation.
Graphical interfaces in linux make things way more complicated than they need to be. I can get any Fascinate to rooted stock GB w/a custom recovery in Heimdall with literally 2 cut-n-paste commands in Terminal on my computer in 5 minutes. It can't get any easier.

Sure, there are several steps involved with installing ADB & Heimdall on your computer and downloading and setting up your folders with EH03, the GB boot loaders, & CWM4. But honestly, if you aren't willing to do this first so you have the ability to recover your phone if you brick it, you have no business installing custom roms. 1-click roots and apps like ROM installer just leave people unprepared WHEN things go wrong.

Reactions: hhp_211

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i looked at heimdall, but it has like 10 individual steps within the installation.
    Graphical interfaces in linux make things way more complicated than they need to be. I can get any Fascinate to rooted stock GB w/a custom recovery in Heimdall with literally 2 cut-n-paste commands in Terminal on my computer in 5 minutes. It can't get any easier.

Sure, there are several steps involved with installing ADB & Heimdall on your computer and downloading and setting up your folders with EH03, the GB boot loaders, & CWM4. But honestly, if you aren't willing to do this first so you have the ability to recover your phone if you brick it, you have no business installing custom roms. 1-click roots and apps like ROM installer just leave people unprepared WHEN things go wrong.