Problem restoring Android Backup file.

Search This thread

vora_bat

Feb 3, 2014
Hi guys, i have a problem restoring Android Backup file with apps through Nexus Root Toolkit after unlocking and rooting my Nexus 10 with 4.4.2 android. After i start the process through NRT and press "start restoring" on my device, it shows the name of one of the apps under the bar where you input password, and after 5-6 seconds it says that restoring is finished successfully. But no changes appear on the device, because you can't restore 900 mb backup file in 5 seconds. Basically i can't restore my backup with all user apps and their data.
So anyone faced such problem?

Last edited:

McFlypants

Mar 22, 2013
Xiaomi 12
I had a similar problem with a backup on my Nexus 5. It was working in realtime, but nothing was restored. I tried it several times, sometimes it took 30 minutes, sometimes it took just some seconds like your Nexus 10. I had to install the apps first and then it restored the app-data for those apps.

Try to install an app and restore its data, maybe it is restored. Try it more than once! If it's not working, try to encrypt the backup and restore it manually, there are many tools which work more or less, you can find it all on XDA!

I installed Candy Crush Saga on my resettet device and it was on Level 1. Then i restored and i was on level 347. So i found out that restoring just works if the app is installed.

I hope this works for you too.