Switching to S4 from S4 how to migrate data

Search This thread

sheriffwoody

Aug 15, 2012
So I am going from a rooted 4.3 S3 to a rooted 4.3 S4. I used Titanium Backup pro, but when I restore on the S4 I get flooded with process errors. The apps and data are there, just lots of process errors every 5 seconds.
They are both stock ROMS.
Is there a way to bring the apps/data over to the S4 from the S3 easily???
Thanks in advance!
Dave:laugh:

sheriffwoody

Aug 15, 2012
More info

Here is some more info about my issue.
So I am not worried about CONTACTS, PICTURES OR VIDEOS
What I am interested in is bringing over all of my APPS and their SETTINGS.
I use APEX for my home-screen etc, so when I bring the app over to the S4 I would like to bring over the app settings.
Titanium Backup will backup all of a phones setting, apps, etc... but can I use this to transfer to a new phone? (S3 to S4)?
thoughts???:good:

So I am going from a rooted 4.3 S3 to a rooted 4.3 S4. I used Titanium Backup pro, but when I restore on the S4 I get flooded with process errors. The apps and data are there, just lots of process errors every 5 seconds.
They are both stock ROMS.
Is there a way to bring the apps/data over to the S4 from the S3 easily???
Thanks in advance!
Dave:laugh:

douger1957

Jul 31, 2010
Fort Wayne
I use APEX for my home-screen etc, so when I bring the app over to the S4 I would like to bring over the app settings.
Titanium Backup will backup all of a phones setting, apps, etc... but can I use this to transfer to a new phone? (S3 to S4)?

I think you'd be better served to simply bite the bullet and reinstall your apps from the Play Store and start from scratch.

Reactions: decaturbob

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
This is probably possible, but will almost definitely cause issues. Besides, if it takes you more than an hour to get all your apps installed on your new phone you got too many apps lol. I know it can suck with losing data inside of some apps, but any worthwhile one has proper individual migration methods usually through Google Play Services or some other cloud server.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think you'd be better served to simply bite the bullet and reinstall your apps from the Play Store and start from scratch.