[Q] ERROR: E: Signature Verification Failed HELP!!!

Search This thread

YellowFlasher

Feb 4, 2014
Whenever I try to install the clockworkmod on my phone manually it says: "E: Signature Verification Failed"

I have A Samsung Galaxy Exhibit t599n.

Please reply back if you have a solution.:(:confused:

Guynan

May 24, 2013
Auckland
You can toggle this when you go into 'install zip from SD card'. If you select 'toggle signature verification' it will display 'enabled' and then select again and it will be 'disabled'. That should work. If it doesn't, don't flash that ROM, try downloading it again, check MD5 sums, check that it is a ROM for your phone, and if all are the same, have another go.

Sent from my ST18i

YellowFlasher

Feb 4, 2014
Don't you need cwm to do that?

You can toggle this when you go into 'install zip from SD card'. If you select 'toggle signature verification' it will display 'enabled' and then select again and it will be 'disabled'. That should work. If it doesn't, don't flash that ROM, try downloading it again, check MD5 sums, check that it is a ROM for your phone, and if all are the same, have another go.

Sent from my ST18i

But don't you need the clockworkmod to do that? I am trying to install that.:confused:

Yapersia

Oct 3, 2022
You can toggle this when you go into 'install zip from SD card'. If you select 'toggle signature verification' it will display 'enabled' and then select again and it will be 'disabled
hi
im having the same problem
trying to apply md5 on my system
galaxy tab GT N8000

install sdcard/gt-N8000/( the whole file name )
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
E:signature verification failed

someone suggested turning off the verifying/checking...
how?
using micro SD card...