[APP] Heartbleed Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Almost everybody is aware about the Heartbleed bug in OpenSSL.
Lookout Mobile Security has released a Heartbleed detector to know if our Android device is affected or not.

If you are interested here is the Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout.heartbleeddetector

What is Heartbleed?
Heartbleed is a software flaw in the OpenSSL “Heartbeat” function that helps keep secure connections alive. This function was found to be vulnerable to manipulation in a way that allows an attacker to steal up to 64K of data at a time from the active memory of affected systems. The bug, found by researchers from Codenomicon and Google, and filed with the following reference number – CVE-2014-0160, impacts any infrastructure that includes the affected versions of OpenSSL.

Heartbleed bug discussed for XDA

Last edited:

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Thanks for the heads up!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-10-22-47-38.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-10-22-47-38.png
    255.5 KB · Views: 2,012

aavvaallooss

May 1, 2011
Spain
Same here.

Do you know if is there any possibility to upgrade OpenSSL manually without waiting for an Android update (Maybe fixed in future 4.4.3 OTA???)

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Same here.

Do you know if is there any possibility to upgrade OpenSSL manually without waiting for an Android update (Maybe fixed in future 4.4.3 OTA???)
We (regular Android users) can't do anything afaik.

The app says that I'm affected BUT I've read that only OpenSSL 1.0.1 of Android 4.1.1 is vulnerable (here) :confused:

FYI Openvpn Wiki

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
I find it hard so hard to believe an OpenSSL binary for Android hasn't been released yet OR someone hasn't created an Xposed module to somehow patch it. I'm none too worried about it because it does say it doesn't affect our OpenSSL on 4.4.2...but still security is all about being paranoid. But I wouldn't be surprised if Google extends the date for the release of 4.4.3 to get OpenSSL patched. I feel like Google doesn't like to NOT tie up loose ends.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shadowcore

Apr 26, 2013
Hell
OnePlus 8T
Xiaomi Poco F3
I guess you misunderstood me, I meant a link that is not the google play store. A link that directly allows me to install the apk. I dont use Google services in my phone and therefore cannot use the playstore. I have no gapps in my phone.

Go to the Play Store and type in "Heartbleed Detector."

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

flex360

Sep 22, 2010
I guess you misunderstood me, I meant a link that is not the google play store. A link that directly allows me to install the apk. I dont use Google services in my phone and therefore cannot use the playstore. I have no gapps in my phone.

go find it for yourself
try google :p

D

Deleted member 5149701

Just curious why you don't use any Google services. Do you not have a GMail account? Strange to use Android and not use Google services.

D

Deleted member 5149701

Not really. Some of the best developers on xda doesn't use anything google at all. Not even google play.

//Sent from within your closet

Alright, didn't know that. I don't know anyone who doesn't at least have a Gmail account.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Almost everybody is aware about the Heartbleed bug in OpenSSL.
    Lookout Mobile Security has released a Heartbleed detector to know if our Android device is affected or not.

If you are interested here is the Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout.heartbleeddetector

What is Heartbleed?
    Heartbleed is a software flaw in the OpenSSL “Heartbeat” function that helps keep secure connections alive. This function was found to be vulnerable to manipulation in a way that allows an attacker to steal up to 64K of data at a time from the active memory of affected systems. The bug, found by researchers from Codenomicon and Google, and filed with the following reference number – CVE-2014-0160, impacts any infrastructure that includes the affected versions of OpenSSL.

Heartbleed bug discussed for XDA
    Same here.

We (regular Android users) can't do anything afaik.

The app says that I'm affected BUT I've read that only OpenSSL 1.0.1 of Android 4.1.1 is vulnerable (here) :confused:

FYI Openvpn Wiki
    I have always wanted to know if my heart is bleeding or not!

Great work on the app btw.