Received a TF300 looking to Flash a ROM

Search This thread

ac009

Jan 8, 2013
Hey guys, I just recently received a TF300 from a friend, and I was wondering what kind of rom I can install on this?
I have PA3.99 on my Nexus 4 and that's why I do have some knowledge of this, hoping to inject some life into this tablet.

It looks like this has the current latest firmware from ASUS and running 4.2.1.

Is there a proven ROM for this tablet that is stable? Also is this Tablet capable of running any 4.3 or Kitkat Roms?

Thanks for your help guys. Appreciate it.

andrewnelson23

May 25, 2012
Shawnee, OK
Hello! Welcome. Wow, 3.99 is kinda old huh? Anyway. Yes this tablet is capable of running KitKat. I have my tablet on Pacman and its running really well. In order to install pacman, you'll need to unlock the boot loader and flash twrp version x.7 or greater. I can't remember what the x was. But it needs to be one of the newer twrps or you can't flash kk.
I think kk pacman is pretty stable on the nightlies.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: ac009

ac009

Jan 8, 2013
wow, great thanks for quick response!
Glad to know I can flash this tablet...thought I'd be stuck with 4.2.

I did some quick reading and I have to match my SKU to something for the latest bootloader?

btw, yea, 3.99 is kind of old..but everytime I think of upgrading..the thought of reinstalling all the apps and stuff just deters me. Do you have an N4? What do you run on it?

andrewnelson23

May 25, 2012
Shawnee, OK
wow, great thanks for quick response!
Glad to know I can flash this tablet...thought I'd be stuck with 4.2.

I did some quick reading and I have to match my SKU to something for the latest bootloader?

btw, yea, 3.99 is kind of old..but everytime I think of upgrading..the thought of reinstalling all the apps and stuff just deters me. Do you have an N4? What do you run on it?

Well if you're on 4.2 you won't need to flash the SKU. You're already on the latest boot loader. Well that makes sense. I actually have a Note 3 but whenever I change Roms I use nandroid manager to backup and restore all of my data.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello! Welcome. Wow, 3.99 is kinda old huh? Anyway. Yes this tablet is capable of running KitKat. I have my tablet on Pacman and its running really well. In order to install pacman, you'll need to unlock the boot loader and flash twrp version x.7 or greater. I can't remember what the x was. But it needs to be one of the newer twrps or you can't flash kk.
    I think kk pacman is pretty stable on the nightlies.