[Q] Made a n00b mistake on my 8.4 - How do I get back to Stock?

Search This thread

fantasticrat

Aug 12, 2013
Historic Over There
Hi all,

I made a dumb move and installed the CM11 port for my T320 without backing up my Samsung stock firmware. (I'd post over in the appropriate thread in the development section, but I haven't posted here frequently enough to be allowed over there). I want to go back to the Samsung UI for now because I am having some troubles with CM11 ... my tablet thinks it's a phone, so I'm not getting the tablet features and app versions. Plus something is off with my screen so that some apps (Flipboard, at least) runs everything off the right side and bottom of the screen. Anyway, does anyone have an idea of how to get me back to my Samsung UI? I can't get Kies to talk to my tablet (another thing that cropped up with this CM build) so I can't get that to reflash it for me.

I have downloaded an Odin-flashable Samsung stock firmware from Australia (I'm in the US) so I'm guessing that will work, but I'd rather find an easier option before I give my tablet a globetrotting split identity disorder or something.

Please understand, I've rooted, reflashed, and even unbricked devices before, so I'm not new to this, just made a dumb mistake.

bckrupps

Sep 24, 2010
I believe that is the only way to go. The good news is you can install twrp recovery now so it shouldnt be an issue again. Bad news is there isnt a flashable stock firmware that I know of yet. Im kinda hoping for cleanrom as he did a hell of a job on the note 3 and knows the system better than most.

kdkinc

Jul 27, 2009
Inverness, Florida
Hi all,

I made a dumb move and installed the CM11 port for my T320 without backing up my Samsung stock firmware. (I'd post over in the appropriate thread in the development section, but I haven't posted here frequently enough to be allowed over there). I want to go back to the Samsung UI for now because I am having some troubles with CM11 ... my tablet thinks it's a phone, so I'm not getting the tablet features and app versions. Plus something is off with my screen so that some apps (Flipboard, at least) runs everything off the right side and bottom of the screen. Anyway, does anyone have an idea of how to get me back to my Samsung UI? I can't get Kies to talk to my tablet (another thing that cropped up with this CM build) so I can't get that to reflash it for me.

I have downloaded an Odin-flashable Samsung stock firmware from Australia (I'm in the US) so I'm guessing that will work, but I'd rather find an easier option before I give my tablet a globetrotting split identity disorder or something.

Please understand, I've rooted, reflashed, and even unbricked devices before, so I'm not new to this, just made a dumb mistake.

I've used Samsung Kies from my PC several time to go back to stock.:cool:
When using Kies you may have to switch your connection from MTP to the other option and of course check debug.
I went back and forth from CM11 several time plus I did what you did also except I used the New Zealand version

Last edited:

PewPewK

Dec 23, 2013
Seattle
Here's what I did to restore stock from Kies.

Plug in the tablet, open Kies, and click Tools then Firmware upgrade and initialization. Type in SM-T320, hit okay, then add your serial number.

Basically just follow the steps it asks you and make sure your tablet is in download mode. It will download the stock firmware image and flash it to the device.

My instructions might now be 100% accurate, but that's basically the process I took to restore it to factory.