CM 11 (4.4.2) Sound Search for Google Play Battery Drain

Search This thread

cpkelley94

Aug 9, 2012
So this absolutely demolished my battery today:

1399871362485.jpg

Just wanted to bring this problem to light. I found that it was an error in the Google account sync, going into those settings (Settings/Accounts/Google) and specifically disabling the sync for Sound Search for Google Play got rid of this problem. Hope this helps somebody.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Feb 16, 2009
Columbus

View attachment 2739094

Just wanted to bring this problem to light. I found that it was an error in the Google account sync, going into those settings (Settings/Accounts/Google) and specifically disabling the sync for Sound Search for Google Play got rid of this problem. Hope this helps somebody.

So this has been happening to me ever since I flashed CM11 last week. But my situation is strange. I have 2 Google accounts, my main and a secondary that is only used for Gmail, Drive and Contacts syncing. Nothing else is checked in the Accounts setting page to be syncing. But according to BatterBatteryStats, my secondary account is running the Sound Search wakelock 95% of the time my phone is powered on. I removed the account entirely, problem solved. Added it again, problem is back. I use this Gmail a lot and would like to have it syncing. Any ideas?

cpkelley94

Aug 9, 2012
You can specifically disable only the sync for Sound Search in the settings. I don't know what else you can do if you don't want to turn that off.

Reactions: Johnny1995
Feb 16, 2009
Columbus
You can specifically disable only the sync for Sound Search in the settings. I don't know what else you can do if you don't want to turn that off.

You could try to disable sound search (settings>apps>all> sound search>disable).

Strangely enough, Sound Search doesn't show up in the things to sync with that secondary account. It shows up for my primary account, but not the one that causes the issues. Sorry, should've mentioned that before.

meatboy371

Dec 28, 2013
Samsung Galaxy J5
Moto G5S
Strangely enough, Sound Search doesn't show up in the things to sync with that secondary account. It shows up for my primary account, but not the one that causes the issues. Sorry, should've mentioned that before.

I meant disable/freeze the whole app, not just syncing (it's a single app, right?). You can do it in settings, like i said before, so it won't sync, whatever account you use.

Enviado de meu Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk

adrenalinus

Apr 21, 2010
Lisbon
That's not exactly a solution. I could've done this a week ago but I actually use Sound Search. Anyone else with this problem?

I'm having the exact same problem. Only happening when I add the second account. That account doesn't have the option to sync Sound Search. And even if I disable / freeze the Sound Search app, the battery stats report a insane usage for Sound Search.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1399871362485.jpg